Palais Royal S/S 08

goldengloves

ithe rick owens aesthetic seems like it would be a bit difficult to translate into such perduring fabrics like leather and fur (his combat boots and jackets aside)

that said, im impressed that he was able to do with fur and leather what he's done with more lightweight and sheer materials, but the victory seems a bit excessive, if unnecessary

i mean, i guess we'll know where to look next time i need an ostritch skin l/s shirt, but when will that be?

the fur introduces some sort of luxury element that seems tangential, if not completely outside the scope of his aesthetic and conceptualization, as far as my interpretation of his work on the runway goes

I don't think you'll have to worry about wanting an ostrich skin shirt, as this is only for women.

But Rick has been doing fur for years now just before hand it was for Revillon. You should check out some of those older collections as they were amazing.

I'm not much into fur but the way he's used it is some what minimalistic and luxurious, which I like.

ive seen great articles about his industrial design work in magazines, but it doesnt seem to have much of an online presence. i'll try and mount a search and rescue, too.

I used to have a great site with a really impressive set of photos of Rick's early design work, I'll see if I can dig it up.