Junya Watanabe Goretex

tweeds

been looking at rain-proof jackets over the last fortnight or so [really an excuse to be spending money]

would like to ask for all your collective knowledge on all the goretex stuff that junya has put out. there are to my knowledge a few different series, the mainline SS05 and FW05 work with Goldwin of which nairb was selling a piece in the supermarket, the ongoing Junya x Moncler collaboration and the old [undated?] Junya eYe x North Face line.

There are also some more recent pieces which i remember seeing, with goretex windstopper membranes, this is probably SS07? but i don't remember if these were made in association with another company.

my attentions were aroused because of the manner junya takes a nondescript piece, like your average northface jacket and presents it with patterns and ideas not usually associated with the genre of clothing. nairb's jacket, with the orange tape on the inside seams, is a good example, as well as the other pieces from that Goldwin line, with plaids and pinstripes.

also looking for helpful links to said pieces from the old seasons. :cool:

i have the last one, if not a very close one, but the part at the arm tore after the 10th time i wore it, so i really cannot recommend. and i didnt do anything that i thought will make it break.

no wonder there is a tag inside the garment saying that the quality is not to be expected to be the same as regular northface products.

that said, i have to agree they all look good.