made in china or made in ......

doom

this is what kills me :

some brand that is italian or japanese but the shit is made in china or assembled in china, what a joke! and they have the nerve to charge rape prices for these brands! if you pay that much loot for some wack brand

the shit better be made in italy or in japan.

the eclipse is nigh

Quote:

stop this generalization. if the product is well made, it is well made regardless of the location. if it's shit, it's shit regardless of what's on the label. period!

--- Original message by darknworn on Sep 2, 2005 01:51 PM

To true Dark N Worn. The worst thing in fashion is not where it's made, the worst thing is FAKES. People that have lived their business to end up getting ripped by some dirty money grabbers selling poorly made imitations of thier work.

Im pissed, I bought a Fake the other day after the seller insisted that it was totally legit. Whats worse he has sold over two thousand other crap teeshirts

yep. eBay is a fake smuggler's paradise when it comes to clothing. what's worse is the pictures they use for the auctions are often pictures of the real products. you don't know until you've actually received the item. the feedback only works if the buyer's savy enough to recognize the fakes, and leaves negative feedback despite the potential retaliation from the seller. there're some asshole sellers on eBay preying on sheeps and are very succesful at it. this same group of sheeps then go and cry out that their fake stuff is made in china. caveat emptor!

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

^^ Yeah I have a problem at the moment. It wasn't ebay that I got the tee from it's called trademe, New Zealands version of Ebay. It has got really big recently. I checked all the guys 2000+ feedbacks and came up with only 3 bad feedbacks for fakes, mostly Evisu. So the thing is people buying this stuff just dont know, it really gets to me these poor dudes are buying skate tees for 35 bucks NZ that is, and they probably cost like 3 bucks to buy. They are clearly fakes and the tag has no contry of origin which is illegal to sell in NZ. Is it illegal to sell garments in the USA with no country of manufacture on the washing instruction label? Just curious. I think It has to be my mission to take this scamster down

Quote:

nothing the matter with "fakes" either aslong as you know what you are getting. Passing something off as real is another matter though! icon_smile_angry.gif

--- Original message by Stewie on Sep 2, 2005 02:35 PM

I agree to an extent, stopping fakes altogether is near impossible. But when a seller adamantly refuses to admit they are fakes and uses photos of authentic goods when selling.......thats when it gets really offensive

ye i had that problem... ihad posted pix of the serial inside, the selvage in the coin pocket, the selvage on the leg, the tab and the front and back of the jeans... it got removed... i was like what the fuck?? emailed the counterfitting people they said send us details of where you bought them, your reciept and further pictures, i sent them they never got back 2 me??

sf really needs a superjunk section for all the buying and selling of stuff. people here generally appreciates quality and authentic goods more than the unwashed masses on eBay. eBay has grown to be a big business trading platform, and an even bigger bureacracy. if you only buy/sell few items a year your voice will not be heard no matter how right you are. those guys with the fakes are usually sellers with thousands of feedbacks/transactions, so of course eBay will tolerate them more than you. just the facts of life...noone ever said it's fair. competition is the only way out. either find specialized marketplaces for your stuff (such as here), or migrate to yahoo's 19th century auction technology.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by darknworn on Sep 2, 2005 at 05:04 PM