Amsterdam in January

mtl20v

I've been to AMS quite a few times, the most recent being in june. I'm going back for a couple days from jan 19-22nd and I was hoping you guys..namely Tisswat and bobbejaan could let me know if there is anything worth checking out. Also..maybe you could direct me to a good website for events in Amsterdam. I'll probably be staying at the Swissotel. Thanks alot!!!

I'm also looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel that will not kick us out for smoking marijuana. I've never had problems in Canada for this, but it seems as though many hotels in Amsterdam have a strict policy on drug use on the premises.

MTL:

dont sweat it, most places say it, but are hard pressed to inforce shit. just be cool. Throw a wet towel at the base of the door, and dont go around the lobby yelling and shitting yourself with how high you are. should be no prob as long as you can handle your high and dont make a ass of yourself...

The hotel american is nice, but not so nice. i used to go there a lot when my friends were in town until they kinda banned bands (funny pair of words) from being allowed to stay there. It is close to a lot of good things, so its all gravy, have fun, smoker friendly unless your walking though the lobby with one, which, i have done, so, fuck it. Nothing is true, everything is permissable.

Sounds good. Haven't had the pleasure of dining there yet, but it looks great. Good reviews, although some say it's a bit overpriced. Please let me know what you think!

Don't know if you still have time, but Looks might be worth checking out also. It opened its doors two months ago. Nice interior, informal (sometimes incompetent) staff. Prices are amazing though.

• 2 weeks later...

I always have a great time in Amsterdam, wether its a romantic getaway with my wife, or just a 4 day smokefest with the boys. You dutch have got it going on. I love you all. I try to come out there at least once a year.

Funny thing, generally people are super nice but when they think we are american we get abit of a cold shoulder...then when they realize we are Canadian we get sooo much love.