What's the story on Rogans "aging" quickly?

On the tag that comes with Rogans it says that they "age quickly." Is this just a euphemism for "will fall apart"?

I'm apprehensive about wearing them if they aren't going to last long. I don't want to have to be fearful my jeans are going to be ruined if I'm too rough on them.

Anyone have experience with the longevity of Rogans?

What precautions (if any) should I take to make sure they don't die on me?

I almost want to just get rid of them and get a more durable pair of jeans, but they are pretty damn comfortable.

NyM...

i LOVE rogan, but i have to admit, the thread comes undone from the stitching of the end seams of the front pockets and the back pockets especially.

they seem to be having the same issues on some Loomstate washes too.

-k

yeah, it can definitely be repaired, BUT many times multiple places on the denim is the stitching coming undone. i have 9 pairs of rogans, and half of them have thread coming totally undone from part of the back pockets or the top of the front pockets where the denim is sewn to the pocket lining.

-k

dude, i've worn my rogans a lot for the past 6 months and have had NO problems w/ stitching or denim. The indigo is very colorfast but seems to be 'flaking' off at a few places. sweet orr seemed to think this is because the indigo was 'baked' on. I've washed them once w/ woolite as the tag recommends, but I think they could definitely take a machine wash, they aren't that delicate. After the wash, they are almost like they were new, not showing much wear at all.

Also on mine pair there is triple stitching at certain places, doesn't seem as if it will come undone for a while.

I'm on my 2nd pair with 8-9 months of everyday wear, no problems at all.

My first pair I wore for 2 years straight. if you hold them up to the light you can see through the seat. but no holes yet.

when the weather gettes better (no so damn hot) I'm going to start breaking in my APC anglais.

i have 4 pair....2 pairs i got years ago...ethanol and vapour...no problems whatsoever...if you wash them constantly and wear them everyday, you'll see some major wear, but realistically, all denim will reflect heavy washes and everyday wear...wear then wash them in the "delicate" cycle, and you'll be straight...

on a side note, the kutans will break down crazy fast cause they're left hand...so keep that in mind...