Raf By Raf Simons Jeans

Guest mikey8811

Guest mikey8811

Hi

Does anyone know how Raf By Raf Simons Jeans are sized?

I was looking at some skinny jeans in a Dry Black and also coated.

I am a 29 in washed Earnest Sewns.

What should i go for in these?

Thanks

I don't know how much it helps, but

on a pair of size 32 RAF by Raf cords (only ever tried on) the measurements are

Waist: 16.5" / 42cm

Inseam: 32.5" / 82.5cm

Back rise: 12" / 30.5cm

Front rise: 9.25" / 23.5cm

Leg opening: 6.75" / 17cm

Knee: 17" / 43cm

Upper thigh: 22" / 56cm

all done in the BIG method

Guest mikey8811
I don't know how much it helps, but

on a pair of size 32 RAF by Raf cords (only ever tried on) the measurements are

Waist: 16.5" / 42cm

Inseam: 32.5" / 82.5cm

Back rise: 12" / 30.5cm

Front rise: 9.25" / 23.5cm

Leg opening: 6.75" / 17cm

Knee: 17" / 43cm

Upper thigh: 22" / 56cm

all done in the BIG method

Hi metaabuse

What do you mean by the BIG method?

Do you mean they are vanity sized like APCs?

Hi

Does anyone know how Raf By Raf Simons Jeans are sized?

I was looking at some skinny jeans in a Dry Black and also coated.

I am a 29 in washed Earnest Sewns.

What should i go for in these?

Thanks

I suppose you are asking about FW07 styles. For this season they mainly sold three fits; PT1 (slim), PT2 (extra slim) and PT3 (ridiculously slim). The PT1 is referred to as 'regular', but it is quite slim. I believe most people would need to size up two sizes (at least in the coated washes, but these will also give quite a bit if you wear them a lot before washing), but keep in mind that the PT2 and especially the PT3 are so slim that a lot of body types will not be able to wear these styles in any size. Compared to Earnest Sewn, I would say that the PT1 is pretty much the same silhouette as the 'Kyrre' fit, and the PT2 is pretty much like the 'Iggy'. However, Earnest Sewn jeans are cut to be worn standard, whereas the Raf by Raf jeans are cut to be worn lower on the hip like Ksubi's - thus Earnest Sewn jeans might be a bit tighter at the waist, and the Raf by Raf will be tighter around the thighs and legs.

For the SS08 season, Raf by Raf Simons have changed the style codes so please disregard my fit descriptions if you are looking at SS08 styles. Let me know if you would like fit descriptions for SS08.

Guest mikey8811
I suppose you are asking about FW07 styles. For this season they mainly sold three fits; PT1 (slim), PT2 (extra slim) and PT3 (ridiculously slim). The PT1 is referred to as 'regular', but it is quite slim. I believe most people would need to size up two sizes (at least in the coated washes, but these will also give quite a bit if you wear them a lot before washing), but keep in mind that the PT2 and especially the PT3 are so slim that a lot of body types will not be able to wear these styles in any size. Compared to Earnest Sewn, I would say that the PT1 is pretty much the same silhouette as the 'Kyrre' fit, and the PT2 is pretty much like the 'Iggy'. However, Earnest Sewn jeans are cut to be worn standard, whereas the Raf by Raf jeans are cut to be worn lower on the hip like Ksubi's - thus Earnest Sewn jeans might be a bit tighter at the waist, and the Raf by Raf will be tighter around the thighs and legs.

For the SS08 season, Raf by Raf Simons have changed the style codes so please disregard my fit descriptions if you are looking at SS08 styles. Let me know if you would like fit descriptions for SS08.

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I am looking at what is called the Slim Leg Denim for FW 2007 in Raw Black. It has 2 colored stripes ie. one on each side. How do I tell if it is a PT1, PT2 or PT3.

With regards to me taking a 29 that would be in washed Earnest Sewn Hutch and Fulton. I am between a 28 and 29 in washed Nudies. I am also a 28 in washed APC Cures (not New Cures).

You seem to be quite in the know about Raf cuts so given the above, what size would I take for the Dry Black Slim Leg Denim for FW 2007 that I have described above?

Guest mikey8811
you mean these? barneys coop has them on sale

PG_07838.5522_ZM1.jpg

Yes, I am just wondering what size I take.

I am in Asia so I would probably get a friend in Hong Kong to get them for me - shipping from the US costs too much

Also, the 29's are gone at Barneys Coop....

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I am looking at what is called the Slim Leg Denim for FW 2007 in Raw Black. It has 2 colored stripes ie. one on each side. How do I tell if it is a PT1, PT2 or PT3.

With regards to me taking a 29 that would be in washed Earnest Sewn Hutch and Fulton. I am between a 28 and 29 in washed Nudies. I am also a 28 in washed APC Cures (not New Cures).

You seem to be quite in the know about Raf cuts so given the above, what size would I take for the Dry Black Slim Leg Denim for FW 2007 that I have described above?

I believe the one you are referring to is the PT2C (body), DT89 (fabric), WS00 (colour). As far as I can tell, this is the only style from FW07 with single vertical stripes on both legs. Sizes are always pretty much a lottery, and I strongly recommend that you try it on before buying - but I would guess that you would need to go for a size 30 or 31. Anything else would surprise me.

I personally feel like the Raf by Raf's are really quite similar to Dior Homme 19cm's, maybe minus a couple inches in inseam, and a tad slimmer in the leg, but overall quite similar. Size down one or two from your actual waist size and you'll be ok.

They're built a bit more delicately than Diors though (amazing to think right?) so they're not jeans you're gonna wear for 6 months and try to fade out. They have lightweight pocket bags in the back pockets, so I figure I'll eventually tear a hole in mine from just putting my cigarettes in my back pocket.

Guest mikey8811
I believe the one you are referring to is the PT2C (body), DT89 (fabric), WS00 (colour). As far as I can tell, this is the only style from FW07 with single vertical stripes on both legs. Sizes are always pretty much a lottery, and I strongly recommend that you try it on before buying - but I would guess that you would need to go for a size 30 or 31. Anything else would surprise me.

Hi

Thanks for your feedback. So you reckon a 30 rather than a 29 or 28?

Doesn't the dry denim stretch out?

Thanks

Guest mikey8811
It will stretch, for sure, but you need to be able to close the button in the first place... ;-)

Hi

Haha yeah.

I find though with APC washed Cures when I size down to say a 27, I don't have a problem at the waist. The waist is snug - it is the part around the calves that look like tights. Does this PT2C body mean tight waist and tight all round - when you compare them to Cures?

Thanks

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

so here are my new raf by raf's from yoox. Size 30, which is my true waist size.

They fit me very tight; when I sat down to put on my shoes, the top button came off... And they're not that tight in the waist. Not something I would have expected from Raf Simons.

I guess someone with a larger waist than me bought and returned these.

pic taken with flash.

3193539683_166b31bd9f_b.jpg

Comments would be appreciated.

fuck semper those are excelelnt.

i was watching one on ebay and lost.

thanks. I've never had jeans in this fit without elasthane - it's a little uncomfortable, but I hope they will stretch. At the moment, I can only raise my leg to an angle of 90 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikey8811

Hi

Not much love in the small things thread so trying this here.

I am getting a friend to purchase some jeans by Raf By Raf Simons and am confused as to the sizing. These are the two toned washed jeans.

I am a 29 in some brands like Dior, Earnest Sewn, Habitual and old Helmut Lang but a 28 in washed Nudie and APC. I am currently breaking in a 27 in dry APC's.

Should I go for a Size 28 or 29 in Raf By Raf Simons?

I understand that the sizing and fit has changed for Raf By Raf Simons jeans now.

Thanks

Mikey

what fit is your washed nudie? Are they stretch denim? I am thinking you might even need a 30 in raf x raf; but if your washed nudie 28 does not fit you tight in the waist, a 29 might be ok.

These jeans fit very small. Mine are 100% cotton though - if yours are stretch fabric, they will be more forgiving of course.

As for the changed fit - where are you getting them from? Chances are they're last year's rafs.

Guest mikey8811

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Semper, my washed Nudies are Straight Svens and Slim Jims. I take a 28 for both.

The Raf X Raf are 100% cotton - they have run out of 29 and 30 - so only 28 or 31 are available.

These are from the Autumn / Winter 08/09 collection.

Looks like I may not be able to fit into either. Bummer