denim bubble- an article

hahnstch

i thought most of the aticle was redundant. the only real evidence she used to show the collapse of the denim bubble was in the last paragraph. the article could have been a several line featurette:

'The NPD Group, which tracks retail sales, says that after two years of dramatic growth, the market for pricey jeans is flattening and will settle at 1 percent of the $11 billion denim market.'

and what about alternative explanations for reducing designer denim prices on websites? could it be to encourage people to shop on line at all?

tru religion posting less pofit this quarter meaning that the denim bubble was about to burst? how about designer denim being about the hottest new brand, with tru religion aleady having had its six seconds of fame? i'm sure it'll be replaced with something... paige and goldsign are both 'new'...

i happen to agree that designer denim prices will stabilize, and i really would have welcomed a really good article on this. compared to the article that i read here the other day on trends and mass market consumption, this piece was something that i'd expect out of a junior-high-school newspaper.....

the jeans that are relevant to us denimheads will never be popular with mainstream america and celebs. breaking in a pair of dry, tough, and oversized japanese selvage jeans takes time and patient...not to mention the stinking. so i don't care, let them buy their jeans with the pocket designs, sooner or later somebody will put damn TV screens on the back pockets like they do on the back of headrests in cars a la "pimp my ride".

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

I dont think the denim "bubble," at least for dudes, is going to pop anytime soon. Does anyone really give a shit what Brad Pitt is wearing? I cant imagine that there's the same focus on celebs with men's denim.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Aug 16, 2005 09:05 PM

phenomenal point.

boys and girls are mad diffy.