House music in seoul??

Chunsa

i haven't been back to korea since i was 8.

i'll be returning to seoul from july 22-august 3. i'm involved with proton radio (http://www.protonradio.com) and i need my house music fix WHILE i'm in seoul.

any ideas of which clubs to hit?? i know zabiela will be in seoul soon to play...i just forgot which club :(

the clubs needs to be HOUSE or any variation (tech, prog, acid etc etc)...i just can't go to a hip pop or a k pop club :)

thanks!!!! :)

http://www.protonradio.com

the BEST house music :)

go to Ohoo in Hongdae..merger between ex-Matmata and Hodge Podge...run by by my buddy Robb Harker, ex-Sickboy Production (Derrick Carter, PVD, etc...)..3 floors..house / rock & pop / live performance / art gallery / vip lounge....check www.ohoo.net

check following website for party info' www.technogate.co.kr

major house DJ in Korea DJ Yeon Ju (resident in Ohoo), Dave Benz, DJ Jin Wook (Sway), Sal.....DJ Unkle and Decode more progressive/tech house...

in Apkujong, head for Sahm behind jazz club Once in a blue moon..resident DJ Ken plays deep house and also r&b and hip-hop..made final 8 at last MTV DJ contest....

have fun

thanks for the reply.

a friend of a friend did a write up for xpander when desyn was in town. desyn played our party in miami this past march so i found out about ohoo from him. turns out, this is where zabiela is playing as well to promote his latest renaissance comp....wish i could be there for that!

i'd love to hear the records that korean house dj's play...looking forward to it!

i do a weekly here and i've had some great talent come through...can't wait to check out the scene in korea :)

i want to stay away from hip pop...i live in florida so i'm inundated with cheesy florida breaks, nu school breaks and hip pop....i'm more into tech/prog breaks...overall GOOD house records.

thanks again!

http://www.protonradio.com

the BEST house music :)

• 1 month later...

i was wondering if you were doing a write-up on the korean scene?

a good friend of mine runs what is probably the premiere elecronic music record label here in korea, and i'm sure she'd appreciate some good stateside PR...

there's also a big MTV party coming up this weekend with lots of industry folks and artists milling around, but the gig itself will mostly be breaks and hip hop.

welcome home :)