jackets for tall/skinny men

habia

I have been looking for a new winter-ish jacket for a while but have been having trouble finding stuff which fits well in the chest, shoulders and arms since I am pretty tall (around 6' 4).

My first choice in jackets would be a Buzz Rickson MA-1, and after that an Iron Heart 21 oz. denim jacket. Unfortunately neither of these fit me. I am really looking for something built to last, and styled to look good well into the future.

Any other tall guys with longer arms have luck finding good brands which fit?

I have read about getting custom jackets from Eastman Leather, which only costs an extra 40 dollars (in addition to the regular prices of 900USD+) but that is more than I want to pay, particularly since I don't really want leather. Is cutom the best option for what I want?

My first choice in jackets would be a Buzz Rickson MA-1, and after that an Iron Heart 21 oz. denim jacket. Unfortunately neither of these fit me. I am really looking for something built to last, and styled to look good well into the future.

Coming from another tall skinny guy...don't even waste your time looking at Japanese brands...they just werent built for guys like us. I hate to endorse Dior, but if you're looking to "invest", both jackets that I own have really long sleeves.

Oh...and if you want to make your legs look shorter, a longer coat is better. I have a 35" inseam, and if I wear a bomber-style or denim jacket, it just makes them look even longer.

About how much are most Dior jackets? I am guessing around 1000 USD?

I might as well check it out though, even just to see what I am missing out on. Do you know if the 5th ave boutique would have better selection than Saks or Barney's?

Thanks a lot.

^ not too many skinny guys wear an xl?? I guess maybe in Dior...

Dior jackets vary in price depending on material, etc. I'd imagine the boutique would have a better selection that the department stores...but I don't live in NYC, so I don't know. Take a look at Luis Aviaroma's website for an idea of selection.

I am 6' 7" and skinny..not model skinny though. I wear an Arc'teryx Theta AR size Large. The sleeves fit me perfectly and the length is right at my waist in the front and the middle of my butt in the back. If your looking at Buzz Ricksons then this might be your style. If you get black, the jacket is definitely a style that will never get old. And I'm sure you know Arc'teryx reputation for quality and longevity.

i've got a ben sherman jacket in XL, not the classiest thing, but it fits me well and i love it. its a cross between a parka and a classic bomber.

I'm 6'4" and I work at Ben Sherman, and I'm quite annoyed to say that the sleeves on the jackets this season are noticeably shorter than they used to be.

I'm 6'4" and I work at Ben Sherman, and I'm quite annoyed to say that the sleeves on the jackets this season are noticeably shorter than they used to be.

word. hook me up with some discountz? love me some ben sherman (classic shit, none of this nuevo crap that they're putting out...)

anyways, this jacket is at least from F/W '06. i left it at a friends apartment last winter and just got it back, still fits great.

its a sorta weaved jacket with a single pocket over the heart, small hood, blue, pockets in the front - im being vague, but maybe you know what it is?

i love the damn thing. probably could've gone L instead of XL, but it was $30 on sale at lord & taylor when i got it, plus there were no L's there anyways.