paypal security issue

camc

hey guys. tried to log into my paypal account last night but it comes up saying that my account is restricted due to possible access by a 3rd party.

it asks for me to confirm some bank details as well as faxing through utilities and copy of my passport. ive emailed them but recieved nothing in reply.

it says i have 7 days from the beginning of the restriction to fax through my stuff or my account will be unsalvageable.

checked the forums here but threads are pretty old and theres no definitive answer on whether or not this is legit. i googled security issues on paypal and got this website

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/06/16/paypal_security_flaw_allows_identity_theft.html

its a bit old but basically details exactly what the website is currently asking me to do and that this method has been used before to steal identities.

heres the address of the page saying im restricted.

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-done&login_access=

according to this 7 day rule ive got 2 days left to send through the documents but i dont wanna ship off my details and find in 6mths that ive got 10 million in debit on my head for a series of failed business adventures in a country with a name i cant even spell.

cheers for the replies. ended up gettin sorted by ringin em. probably shouldve done that first but it was outside hours and i was freaking coz id already entered my bank details and credit card digits before i realised it didnt seem quite right.

fukn paypal.

whats everyone else using? ive got google checkout but nobody seems to wanna deal over it.