Architecture in Helsinki appreciation thread

Tyro1

No...

Anyone interested in Carl Ludvig Engel, Eliel Saarinen, or Alvar Aalto, should look somewhere else.

This thread is dedicated to the Melbourne band.

I've noticed a few people listening to their albums, such as Crillz, and since the new one out, lets hear some discussion.

The new one is really growing on me, I'm really liking their new sound.

Although I think the first, fingers crossed, will always be my favorite of theres.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=21242735

I saw them in Toronto before I knew much about them. I was standing beside them in the crowd the whole time while the opener played and I had no clue. Fantastic, fun music. The newest effort takes a few listens (since Neon Bible came out and I was initially disappointed, but fell madly in love after repeated listens, I vowed to sit through several listenings before giving up on an album...this one is worth it), but I'll agree that In Case We Die is their best effort. Not a bad song on the album.

Twee as fuck.

Prefer the architects. Heard one of their first albums back when it came out (fingers crossed / in case we die or whatever) and was about driven up the wall by their cutesy-faux-quirky whatever. Haven't gotten around to listening to the new album but I don't think I will.

The band reminds me too much of something that would be the "my favorite band EVER" of that slighty-too-enthusiastic "spunky and fun" overweight girl who tries to be a little unusual and falls just short of the mark and ends up at irritating. On a side note, it appears that she is also the lead singer of this band.

I am really not a fan of this band.

(sampling the new album while writing this it sounds like they might have improved somewhat)