Wrath Arcane Denim

unklesteve

Wrath Arcane released their new Fall line tonight, and I picked up a pair of their black, straight leg jeans.

The denim is raw, and it's not an overdye as I previously thought it was going to be. My denim experience is a bit on the limited side, so I don't have deep enough knowledge to compare them accurately to anything other than the Flat Heads that I own. Which they are absolutely nothing like.

They are getting their denim from the same source as Rag & Bone, so those who are Rag&Bone fans will have a better idea of the material. It's 10.5 oz, so it's lighter than I was hoping for but still feels sturdy. Plain black button, and it's a zipper fly...I was gunning for button-fly but oh well. Maybe next season I can arm-wrestle Brian and his shame and humiliation will allow me to dictate the terms on the crotch of his jeans. Heh.

No arcs, no leather patch. Just the standard, small Wrath Arcane label inside the back, with a size tab. Austere, and to the point. One of the things I love about Wrath Arcane. Heh.

I'll post sizing info and fit pics tomorrow when I'm not out of my skull exhausted. They produced two cuts...a slim taper, and a standard straight-leg. I didn't even try on the taper so I can't give much info on those. The straight leg is available in a really beautiful dark indigo, and black, while the taper is available in black and grey. Feels like one-wash to me, but then again I've only got Flat Heads to compare to, so it could be just straight-up raw.

I got 32s, but tried on the 34 first. There is a HUGE difference between the waist on those two...I'm not sure about true measurements but the 34s hung off me while the 32s are snug as hell. I've been informed that shrinkage is about average (1" in the waist, 2"+ in length) but that there is very little stretch after that, so be careful about your sizing.

Sizing info and fit pics tomorrow. Thanks to Brian and Dan for a warm welcome at Brigade this evening, and thanks to my wife for looking the other way when my credit card hit the counter. Heh.

Wrath Arcane released their new Fall line tonight, and I picked up a pair of their black, straight leg jeans.

The denim is raw, and it's not an overdye as I previously thought it was going to be. My denim experience is a bit on the limited side, so I don't have deep enough knowledge to compare them accurately to anything other than the Flat Heads that I own. Which they are absolutely nothing like.

They are getting their denim from the same source as Rag & Bone, so those who are Rag&Bone fans will have a better idea of the material. It's 10.5 oz, so it's lighter than I was hoping for but still feels sturdy. Plain black button, and it's a zipper fly...I was gunning for button-fly but oh well. Maybe next season I can arm-wrestle Brian and his shame and humiliation will allow me to dictate the terms on the crotch of his jeans. Heh.

No arcs, no leather patch. Just the standard, small Wrath Arcane label inside the back, with a size tab. Austere, and to the point. One of the things I love about Wrath Arcane. Heh.

I'll post sizing info and fit pics tomorrow when I'm not out of my skull exhausted. They produced two cuts...a slim taper, and a standard straight-leg. I didn't even try on the taper so I can't give much info on those. The straight leg is available in a really beautiful dark indigo, and black, while the taper is available in black and grey. Feels like one-wash to me, but then again I've only got Flat Heads to compare to, so it could be just straight-up raw.

I got 32s, but tried on the 34 first. There is a HUGE difference between the waist on those two...I'm not sure about true measurements but the 34s hung off me while the 32s are snug as hell. I've been informed that shrinkage is about average (1" in the waist, 2"+ in length) but that there is very little stretch after that, so be careful about your sizing.

Sizing info and fit pics tomorrow. Thanks to Brian and Dan for a warm welcome at Brigade this evening, and thanks to my wife for looking the other way when my credit card hit the counter. Heh.