durability of jeans

soultek

okay, I got these Dope + Drakkar jeans over a year ago. They are pretty much Japanese Levis reproductions. I bought them dry and then rinsed them before I wore them. I've worn them a lot, washed them maybe like 4 times in cold or warm water. I've starched them once, and never dried them in a dryer.

I've had two parts of the stitching melt away on me. The first part was on the outer seam of the leg. I had these repaired.

Now the double chain stitching in the crotch area is melting away. And so is the denim for that matter.

My question is: is this normal wear for a Levis repro? Are the materials supposed to wear like that to replicate old Levis? Or did they use faulty materials that caused the acceleration of wear.

The 'melting' stitching looks cool at the pockets and hem, but kind of a pain in the ass to repair more crucial areas of the jean that frequently. Also, my preferrence would be that my jeans stay together significantly longer than 1 year.

Thoughts?

Here are some pics:

Crotch Outside:

dscn01626oa.jpg

Crotch Inside:

dscn01632fc.jpg

Outer seam of leg:

dscn01649le.jpg

Pocket:

dscn01651my.jpg