Pro Evolution Soccer / Winning Eleven

dumadiscount

fifa definitely was more arcade-y for a fair while there, but they were still bloody fun to play. i think the rise of pes has given them a real kick up the arse, and they've started to pull their shit together and create some good stuff. the reviews i've read seem to suggest that the latest next gen pes has taken a step back, while next gen fifa 08 is supposed to be a big improvement over 07.

08 is good for all the aussies as well, as we finally have our league (a-league) in there.

i'm not quite sure why i didn't like pes. i think it seemed more arcade like in it's appearance through the visuals and animations, etc. but maybe i'm just a fifa series fanboy.

anyway, i love sports sims.

Winning Eleven was my life for probably a year.

Up at like 2am shouting at the TV "GOOOOOAALLLL!"

Creating a team then proceed to kick fucking ass with them is grrrrreat.

fifa definitely was more arcade-y for a fair while there, but they were still bloody fun to play. i think the rise of pes has given them a real kick up the arse, and they've started to pull their shit together and create some good stuff. the reviews i've read seem to suggest that the latest next gen pes has taken a step back, while next gen fifa 08 is supposed to be a big improvement over 07.

yea this is definately the case, pes has had great game play but the last versions have had some pretty annoying bugs in them, they just dont seem to get it perfect. whereas fifa has apparently really stepped up from what I've heard. would be interesting to compare them.

i've heard fifa made good strides also ... so i'll do what i've been doing for the last 3 years ... go rent fifa 08 from the video shop ... play it for a few days and realise its still light years behind pes ... go buy pes 2008.

i just hate how unresponsive the controls feel and how unnatural the animations look in fifa. plus the ball weighting feels right.

PES/ISS/WE or whatever name you call it by is pure digital crack...

I admit EA's Fifa has gotten better recently, but absolutely in no way should those two franchises be mentioned in even the same breath, if you like your games played sim.

Arcade-ish, fun for a half-hour of drunken matches...sure maybe I'd toss in EA for a quick spin, but even then, probably not.