Zipia Bulk Ordering! [FAQ+BULK ORDER]

ipractice

**EDIT 10/17** I have finished the first Zipia bulk order. For all info on how the order went (including a review and pictures of clothing), check page two of this thread.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ORDERING FROM ZIPIA, THERE IS AN IC THREAD IN THE SUPERMARKET:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=38613

*EDIT* 10/1 **CLOSED**. No more orders being placed. If all goes well, another run will be done. Check back here on feedback about Zipia once I recieve the order.

To anyone in the order, check your PM's AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE! The faster you respond to your PM's, the faster we can get the shipment. Thank you.

I'm going to need to order more from www.Zipia.net, and I figured that I would start a new thread to bulk order it. There are a few things you need to know before you may want to participate in this bulk order:

*Edit* 9/24: Shipping from Zipia will take about a month to reach me, at least that's what I've heard from previous people who have purchased from Zipia. Please be aware of this.

Sections:

I. About Zipia

II. About Ordering

III. About Me

IV. How to Join the Bulk Order

V. Zipia Hot Clothing (with log-in ID)

VI. How to Contact Me

Section I: About Zipia

For those of you who don't know what Zipia is, it is a Korea-based wholesale mall. There are many styles that are rip-off’s hoodies that are too expensive for many people, and most of the things on Zipia you won’t be able to find on other websites. Mainly their hoodies are to rave for (see Section V for hot hoodies and a log-in ID if you need one). Zipia offers a wide variety of both Male and Female clothing, as well as accessories.

In order to order from their site you need to order at least $500.00 of items, hence the wholesale aspect of the site. Shipping for $500.00 of items generally amounts to $125.00 dollars (rough estimate - shipping is based on weight, though shipping is relatively around this amount). Hopefully I will get 4-8 people in this, and divide up the shipping to be around $25.00 a person. If you think about it, that's only about $2-5 more dollars to each item that you order (regular shipping on most online sites), and Zipia's clothing is already relatively cheap.

For those of you who are worried about sizing and quality, there have been many things said about Zipia. Most of their clothing is only offered in one size - "one". I know people who have bought from Zipia before and the clothing is said to be one-fit for all. Most clothing stretches from small-large size (most of the hoodies will stretch to this range; though jackets, I am not sure about). The quality is said to be decent - many people are pleased with the quality, although you really get what you pay for. Most of the hoodies on Zipia are $20-30 (without shipping), and you are paying more for the style rather then the quality. As I've said, I've spoke to many people who have purchased from Zipia and they said they were satisfied with what they paid for.

Section II: About Ordering

As I’ve stated before, shipping will be divided up after the total has been reached. Keep in mind however, once I receive the items from Zipia you must also pay for shipping from my house to yours (I live in San Francisco, California). Because of this reasoning, I am limiting orders from only within the United States (I don’t want to deal with international shipping). This will generally tack on $5-10 dollars depending on how many items you have purchased.

Zipia also requires a 2% fee for paypal payments (which is how I will be paying them). This charge will be calculated into the total that I send you.

Lastly, I will require that you order at the very least $75.00 of items. You may of course order more.

Remember that the more people there are to divide up the shipping costs, the cheaper your total will be, so spread the word! I will be accepting anywhere from 4-8 people for this bulk order, all depending on how much each person spends.

And to those of you who are curious how payments will be made: I only accept paypal. You will send me the initial payment that Zipia charges via paypal. (I will calculate a bill that includes your order and the divided shipping when I close the bulk order). There will be a deadline of 3-4 days after I close the bulk order. You MUST pay by the deadline to ensure the rest of the group can benefit and get their orders quickly.

Once I receive the shipment from Zipia, I will then calculate how much it will be to send to you (keep in mind this will likely range from $5-10).

Section III: About Me

You may be somewhat skeptical of me. Although I lack history on the SF forums, I do have an Ebay rating of 89 and also a verified paypal account that is three years old, which I have made numerous transactions on. Also keep in mind, I am putting on the burden of organizing all of this, which is quite a bit of extra work on my end. Why would I do this? I want the clothes on Zipia very much, and I know there are others out there who want it too. Most of us aren’t willing to spend $500.00 + shipping so we need to work together if we want the clothes from zipia!

Section IV: How to order

If you’ve read up to this point, chances are you want to be a part of this bulk order. You now know everything about this bulk order. In order to join, all I need from you is a PM that follows this format:

Subject: Joining Zipia Bulk

A list of the items you want like this:

(1) dude-silket basic pola T-17-G14516 – size one – color white - $30

(2) dude-fomal pocket one button JK-17-G14518 – size one – color grey -$30

Item Total: $60

Etc...

Contact Info: Full name, email, AIM or MSN, (optional) #phone number

* Remember, minimum order is $75.00

Section V: Zipia Hot Clothing (with log-in ID)

Log-in ID for Zipia (please don’t abuse – this is for everyone to use who can’t make a zipia account):

Account name: [email protected]

Password: Zipia1

Popular Hoodies (type these into the search):

dude-loose neck string T-17-G14128

dude-unique neck simple hood T-17-G14337

dude-string control turtleneck T-17-G14345

(more to come)

Section VI: How to Contact Me

Aim: ruxsm23

Email: [email protected]

Phone: PM and ask

You can always PM or post here as well. Hopefully I’ll get enough people to join this!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still looking at this thread, I just recieved the order from the first Zipia bulk order. Will post a review/pictures/etc in the next couple of days.

Zipia took 3 days to prepare the order, then 4-5 days of shipping for it to reach my door. Overall, happier with the shipping process then I expected. But some of the quality of clothing is really poor.

Again, will post more later.

Did it really take less than two weeks for it to get to your doorstep? I was thinking it would take a month as you intially guessed.

Reports from other Zipai bulk orders said 3-4 weeks. I think they meant from the time the order was sent, shipped to person organizing the bulk order, then finally arriving at their doorsteps. Even then... I estimate it to take no more then 2.5 weeks for everyone in the bulk order to recieve their clothing.

This is only one time though, can't say this is true for all orders made from Zipia. And maybe we got priority for ordering nearly $1000 of stuff? Zipia does say 5-7 days to ship though.

Another biggie is that I am right next to the SFO airport (less then a 5 minute drive away). The shipments arrived at the SFO port and didn't have to go very far to reach me.

Overall impression of Zipia

I am satisfied. I paid about $175 for four hoodies and a beanie. The shipping was a lot less of a hassle then I first anticipated, although there was a lot of leg work for me to do in terms of organizing the bulk order together. The quality is basically what I paid for – I wasn’t expecting much, why should I? But at the same time I don’t feel like I’ve wasted my money. But Zipia may not be clothing for all Sufuers! They are definitely on the lower end of quality (I wouldn’t say so bad though, some of their stuff I could say is comparable to AA wholesale pricing). The biggest advantage is that Zipia offers hard to find styles at a very low price. Just remember with Zipia, you are paying for style, not quality.

Here’s a quick rundown on how the whole Zipia order went

• 1 week to take orders/receive payments. All payments received on 10/4.
  • 4 days for Zipia to prepare our order of 38 items. Ready to ship on 10/8.
  • 5 days later the Zipia order arrived at my house. Zipia packages arrived on 10/12.
  • This last week, I have spent shipping items from my house to other bulk members. All packages should be received latest 10/18.

Total Time for first Zipia Bulk Order: 23 days, roughly 3 weeks for the items to be at YOUR house. As you can see the majority of the time was spent prepping the order, and getting interest and convincing Sufu members to join the bulk order. I also took extra days to find the quickest way to ship orders. Next time, I should be able to cut the shipping to about 2-3 days on step 4. Next bulk order should be much quicker, and possibly down to 2 weeks tops.

Personal Opinion on Zipia Quality

I am rather happy with the items that I received from Zipia. From my clothing, I came to the conclusion that the more detail in the item meant worse quality. However, I checked over other peoples clothing and it all seems to be decent. But the items really vary. It appears that the clothing are made by different companies (all the clothes have different tags). Some of them look very crappy, others look better then their price tags. But keep in mind hoodies on Zipia can be as low as $20-30, and their jackets go for about $40-60.

Sizing!

I am 5”11 and weigh 145 lbs. W30. I would say I have a slim figure. I only ordered Size “One” Zipia clothing, which is the only size for almost all Zipia hoodies. Check out these pictures for the fit:

dude-unique neck simple hood T-17-G14337 (Wine - color is a lot brighter then the one on Zipia website, but I still like it)

DSC07301.JPG

DSC07313.JPG

DSC07314.JPG

Overflow-pocket zip-up hood JP-13-Y13931

DSC07318.JPG

DSC07327.JPG

I'm surprised at how much +rep you are not getting and the lack of participation in this thread. Those hoodies look great. I can guess that a few washes will really mess them up but at those prices you can have several tops to rotate.

Considering the prices and quality are comparable to that of AA wholesale, I'm really wanting to buy things off of Zipia. Hopefully the next time you run another order I'll be able to purchase some items.

@Gizmo - I am doing a second bulk order that is being advertised in the Supermarket, although I will be charging a commission fee this time around.

@Eddyz - I was not charged any duties on the packages. The only additional charge from Zipia was EMS shipping. When the package arrived at my house, my mailman just handed the boxes over to me.

@thelight - You should get your package today! Hopefully, you and the others who participated in the bulk order can post pics and give feedback on Zipia as well.

got my stuff today...thanks. i'm just hoping i don't get a bill from fedex for the duty (i was hoping you would declare it at less than full value! argh!).

as for the stuff, most of it is nice...there are a couple items i'm going to sell i think - one that i can't pull off, another that is too similar to one of the others. will post in supermarket. all proceeds to go to pending fedex bill. ;)

got my stuff today...thanks. i'm just hoping i don't get a bill from fedex for the duty (i was hoping you would declare it at less than full value! argh!).

as for the stuff, most of it is nice...there are a couple items i'm going to sell i think - one that i can't pull off, another that is too similar to one of the others. will post in supermarket. all proceeds to go to pending fedex bill. ;)

Glad to hear it. I apologize for declaring it's value, but insurance wise we would have been screwed if the package was lost.

Can you get back to me on what the bill from fedex was? Just to get an idea for other international buyers who join the Zipia bulk orders.

Here is the zipia trench that I bought for 73 bucks plus shipping. The trench is a very nice comfortably slim fit and very warm. When it came, there were some lose thread hairs that I cut off, but other than stitching, it is a fairly good quality and GREAT cut. I am very happy with the cut and the material/warmness which is what I was most concerned about. The stitching was a hit shodding in some places, but fortunatley, my mom used to do alterations/tailoring. Sorry for the dirty spots on my bathroom window:

cimg0712editrg2.jpg

cimg0713editka1.jpg