Tailors in NYC?

peteyross

I've been screwed by too many random tailors in New York. Can anyone recommend a good one? At this point, I don't even care where on Manhattan the tailor is located (I live on 23rd St), I'm just looking for somebody who won't screw up simple things like taking in a shirt, taking in pants, etc.

I've heard Ramon's is good -- anybody have experience with them? thanks.

I've only ever had suit pants hemmed at Ramon's and while the work was great and the prices reasonable it was hardly the most involved tailoring. A friend had a very nice job done on a suit he picked up at Century 21 (where nothing fits anyone properly ) though. He's an extremely skinny guy so the alterations on both the jacket and pants were significant and the end result was very impressive.

Quote:

I've been screwed by too many random tailors in New York. Can anyone recommend a good one? At this point, I don't even care where on Manhattan the tailor is located (I live on 23rd St), I'm just looking for somebody who won't screw up simple things like taking in a shirt, taking in pants, etc.

I've heard Ramon's is good -- anybody have experience with them? thanks.

--- Original message by peteyross on Jul 29, 2005 09:07 AM

IVE HAD GREAT LUCK WITH RAMONS. IVE HAD 2 SUITS ALTERED THER THAT CAME OUT GREAT AND WAS TOTALLY AFFORADABLE. AS FAR AS DENIM, THERE ARE NO GOOD TAILORS TO BRING DENIM TO. 45RPM WILL CHAINSTITCH HEM AN OUTSDIE JEAN FOR YOU FOR 10 DOLLARS IF YOU ARE A CUSSTOMER THERE.

sweet-orr