Barcelona questions

rusnon

Heya everyone,

basically im going to barcelona for a week from the 19th of september, any one got any recommendations for good boutiques, resturants bars, oddities etc..

Out of curiousity is anyone stocking any belgian or japanese designers (undercover, number (n)ine etc)

Thank you!

undercover, number nine don't exsist in bcn...there are tons of dope shops tho. check out the superfuture bcn page on the main site...and search the forum i have answered this question 5+ times. there is a really dope (kind of hidden) japanese store that stocks various designers on carrer lledó near the jaume 1 stop. for bars check out bar marselle, casa aguello, robadors 23, el pepiño (if you can find it ill be impressed). restuarants - agüt, el forno are excellent. for oddities walk the streets of barri gotico and el born

i picked up some skulls at that shop near placa de st jaume/carrer lledó. cool store.

if you are at all naturey or want a crazy view of the city, you can take Linea 7 from placa catalunya to the Ave. Tibidabo stop, then take a bus/trolly to the base of Mount Tibidabo and walk it to the top. I ran into some american students who where smoking a joint while riding their bikes up it...

oh and restaurants, i dunno if its still in season but there is a thing called a Calcot, its like a huge mild green onion that is grown in catalonia and its usually grilled -- very good.

On Carrer del Duc de la Victoria (near the Ramblas, off Portaferrissa) you will find 2 cool stores. One is called Limited Editions and stocks Y3, Vans, Nudie etc. The other is almost opposite to it, but it's kind of hidden. You have to take a dark spiral staircase

down to the basement from the street. Last time i saw, there was a showcase that had some Undercover sneakers in it on street level, that's how i first spotted this place. Anyway, the store stocks Visvim, W-Taps, Undercover and n(n), or at least they did in June. Be sure to check it out.

limiteditions stocks some spanish designers, walk down carrer d'avinó (starts at carrer ferran) in barri gotico and on the right side there are two boutiques that stock a ton of independent spanish menswear. i just remembered as well a must see shop in el born it is like two shops towards the water from the carhartt store...also a little above princessa on carrer rec there is a funky shop that carries umbro kj and some other cool stuff i dont remember names...pick up the flyers, maps, and pamphlets in the front of all the stores and you will find all of these places eventually.