Margiela LA

jet

Went to the opening party last night and it was kinda nice. Lots of booze and hor'derves endlessly going around. The parking lot was covered in white astroturf with a couple large truckes draped in white sheets as well. Small cushions and glass tables set up outside with a little 4 person orchestra and music playing throughout the store. The two sides of the building are covered in sequins and there were images/videos being projected onto one side. I would have invited a couple of the guys but it was invite/list only but after I was there it seemed like it was only being selectively enforced. Also, some of the new york employees flew in, why I don't know. Store is definitely worth a visit, it's on little santa monica at the edge of bev hills.

I don't have any pics whiz and I'm not even sure but I thought I heard one of the security guys say something about it (was too busy getting drunk). There were what seemed like a few pro photographers there and some coverage so I'm sure pics should be popping up soon.

Martin was spotted doing lines in the bathroom and fleeing to the rooftop with a mysterious female. I met the art director from NY and he said he's met Martin several times. I asked him if it was him in spy pics floating around and he confrimed it, don't know how much truth there was to that. He says dude just likes to lay low like he's hiding from one-time.