Boulder or Denver, CO

Aeros

• 5 months later...

im about to graduate from CU, not gonna lie, its a fun town with a lot of different people from all over. no sufu worthy shopping in boulder, aside from a couple decent thrift shops. despite kicking mule workshop being based in boulder, i never see kids wearing "sufu" denim. its either hippies in patchwork pants or frat brothers in abercrombie.

night life is alright if youre over 21, some cool bars (west end for bourbon, tahona and efrains for tequila, red fish and mountain sun for beer). everything is walkable or you can take the bus. its really a fun city. as for denver, if youre from a REAL city, like SF, NYC, LA, etc youll hate it. denver fuckin sucks as far as im concerned. shitty bars, shitty layout, nothing interesting going on in my opinion. no local music scene whatsoever, although a lot of bands tour through. some decent venues.

i will say however in closing, that 1 in 4 girls in boulder are absolutely beautiful, the other three are usually damn good lookin, pretty cute, and then theres your lone dog every one in a while. have fun. dont get alcohol poisoning until at least second semester, or youll never last.

ya I took my vacation to Denver just this last weekend and I was terribly dissapointed. I was checking it out as I was thinking about moving there but apart from good ski resorts, it pretty much sucks.

The shopping is hardly decent enough for the average high schooler (and that's pretty bad)

The nightlife, downtown at least, sucked... weak drinks, ugly people, and just not very busy (I went out fri and sat night)

However, they do have pretty decent food at various restaraunts

Yeah pretty much there is nothing here. The fact that 80% of our Saks men's sportswear department consists of Boss and Diesel (and we have both a Boss and Diesel store in the same mall...) speaks, I feel, volumes for what you can expect out of Denver.

Check out Skye on 16th and Sunneshine (J. Lindeberg, Rogan, CM...), Andriesen Morton (Zegna, Brioni, H.Freeman...), and Lawrence Covell (Dries, Acne, Paul Smith) in Cherry Creek North for moderately satisfying shopping. Otherwise, I direct you to:

shepler3.jpg

Enjoy your western wear. lulz.

I posted a thread about this a few months back. I've been in boulder for about 5 months after moving here from new york. My advice is to give up on sufu fashion judgements and surrender to the town. It is never gunna be one of the coastal cities so don't waste time thinking about it. The bars are pretty cool and there's alot of good, cheap beer. The girls are also real cute. If you want to laugh your ass off you can go to this store installations on broadway. Kind of the spinal tap of streetwear stores but the owners are actually serious. Other than that, tons of cool outdoor gear, goretex shells etc etc. It's just a different vibe.

on another note, KMW is based in boulder? where can I get some stuff?

specifically anyone know of any bike shops where i could pick up a fixed gear in boulder? seems like such a sporty town theres got to be somewhere, but i can't find much online.

I can't really speak for Brolder, but if you make it down into Denver, check out Cycle Analyst on Pearl and Turin on Broadway. CA generally has at least KHS Flites, and I believe they sometimes stock (or can otherwise order) Giants and Somas (and Surlys?). Turin stocks Bianchi and I believe some other stuff as well. I feel like I'm forgetting some stores, but eh.

Otherwise, I direct you to:

shepler3.jpg

Enjoy your western wear. lulz.

Sheplers rocks, Ean.

Shopping here definitely sucks ('cept Sheplers), people around Cherry Creek all wear fucking terrible boot cut jeans (mostly True Religions, yuuuuuck), bars/clubs are generally lame (unless you're into awesomely trashy dives, ie Bar Bar), and the best local shows are usually in dirty warehouse venues.

I love Colorado anyway, though. We've got pretty mountains with excellent skiing, really good beer, and really good burritos.

• 3 weeks later...