brand or no brand?

i'm curious, how many of you are concerned about wearing brand name clothing versus no brand? do you buy clothing based on a)price b)t-shirt quality (material) or c)standard of graphics? what's the most you're willing to spend on a t-shirt? is it important that a t-shirt is have neck and/or sleeve tags? is the concept of 'limited edition' important to you?

to answer my own questions, I buy a combination of both brands, some are somewhat well known while others are pretty obscure. for me the most important aspect of a t-shirt is the graphic--it should stand out and be unique or at the very least pleasing to the eye or original. t-shirt quality is also important. 100% pre-shrunk cotton is a must....shrinkage sucks. it should be durable and long lasting. non-sweatshop tees are also preferable...I'd hate to think some 12 yr old girl assembled my shirt somewhere in Honduras just so I can look good. neck/sleeve tags are nice but not important. limited edition can be a good or bad thing imo. having a limited edition tee on the one hand can be good cuz you know not many people will own one, this means you don't have to worry about going out and spotting some pimply faced 18 yr old rocking the same tee as you (the fashion equivalent of wearing the same dress as someone during prom night). limited edition can also be bad because you're potentially alienating customers who may have just found out about you and your product---they may want to buy something which is always a good thing. sales=$ and $=longevity.

what say you?

if they move, kill 'em.

this is something that's struck me occasionally. i tend to be known for ridiculing people who buy into one particular style (moreoften, the lack of it) and particular brands -- i even ranted about art directors in helmut lang the other day here on the forum. but as i buy clothes more irregulary and less frequently (the stuff i got seem to last ages anyway) i find myself buying most of the items from one particular designer. as the prior speaker, i speak several times more on travel (and boring grown up stuff like collecting contemporary photography) but the few things i do buy seem to focus on one or two designers. this spring, i got pretty much everything from jil sander, but she won't be the house supplier next year because i saw morrissey wearing the same suit that i got from her. so although all the white plain t-shirts are from bloomingdales (3 pack, 10 bucks - i've got 30 of them) i am willing to confess the manufacturer does matter. this may be a paradox but i rather call it hypocrisy on my part.

so apologies all around to art directors in clerkenwell in helmut lang jeans.