A-Ron out of aNYthing?

bargecharge

Very interesting / bizarre if true...not sure how the brand could exist without him. Anyone know more?

http://racked.com/archives/2007/07/12/rackedwire_miracle_serum_boots.php

From RVCA ANP Quarterly:

There is some change afoot at aNYthing, and you can tell by the fact that their groundbreaking site, www.aNYthing.com has been really seeming hurt lately. In particular, their GLOB has fully sucked... like, "what is this!?!?" levels being terrible...

As it turns out, its because A-Ron and DJ Free Simon (the masterminds) have been totally neglecting it (god knows who is updating it) and secretly working on a new GLOB, www.nyglob.com. It hasn't fully become public yet, but you can start checking it now... there are a ton of posts and it fully bangs as hard, or maybe even harder, than the old one at its bangingest... bookmarks now!

Sayword, that is the illest animated gif i've ever seen.

A-ron is out of aNYthing, I heard some rumor bout' the backer and him having a fallout. Anyway to you haters, have you actually met him in person, having worked for him a few weeks back, I have to say he is a very down to earth guy, no attitude. He is very clever at bringing different people togther... from the indie kids, to the hip- hop kids etc. aswell as helping the community and helping others out. so think the lot of you should gets your facts str8t b4 hating on him!!

Who cares? Don't they just pring this image on different color tees and call it a clothing line?

anythinglogo_on.gif

I've seen their linesheets over the past two years and i swear it's just a few different images printed on different color tees, i don't understand the appeal..

Who cares? Don't they just pring this image on different color tees and call it a clothing line?

anythinglogo_on.gif

I've seen their linesheets over the past two years and i swear it's just a few different images printed on different color tees, i don't understand the appeal..

completely agreed. i love what they stand for, but the product just ain't cutting it. although i do want a Metropolitan T to wear as a game-shirt when i'm at Shea...

anythinglogo_on.gif

That's why a lot of people don't get supreme either. Those who are down with it support it, and those who don't get it don't. A lot of trend hopping has been happening with the whole streetwear scene blowing up. And trend hopping is very evident especially among superfuturians.

That's why a lot of people don't get supreme either. Those who are down with it support it, and those who don't get it don't. A lot of trend hopping has been happening with the whole streetwear scene blowing up. And trend hopping is very evident especially among superfuturians.

Ok.. So can you explain why aNYthing is so important?

Because even though i dislike Supreme, i still understand it's importance and history..

trend hopping or not, anything doesn't have good designs. supreme has its hits, and it has its misses, but they still consistenly put out great product. there's a lot to "get" with supreme. anything just leaves me scratching my head...

the glob is tits though, there's no denying that.

aNYthing has been around quite some time for a streetwear brand. They helped create the whole indie streetwear scene. They are probably one of the main reasons that NYC brands such as Reason, Mishka, King Stampede, and Mighty Healthy etc even exist. They created and cultivated a whole indie way of thinking. They may have not blown up to the extent of other 'hyped' brands, but hell its because some of their shit does not have main stream appeal.

If you ever noticed that all the best internationally recognized stores in the streetwear scene stock aNYthing (ie Hideout, Someday, SlamJam, Supply, DoubleDutch, Union etc) Amongst all their prestigious brands aNYthing sits comfortably along side You know why? It's cuz they are a brand that have a real story behind them and they are not some run of the mill hyped brand that is just put on the shelves because it sells good. Brands like aNYthing and stores like those mentioned are the reason why streetwear exists in the world. These are the few that are groundbreaking and setting the pace for the rest to follow. The only problem is that most of the followers are trend hoppers, they are only in the scene until the next 'cool' thing comes along.

I agree with flex1 said, i always had respect for the brand and what it stood for despite sometimes weak product..

i wouldnt call em OGs in the game , other than A-ron being down with the supreme crew, there were alot of brands to come before aNYthing such as SSUR who get no respect..

the thing i find kinda weird about aNYthing is that its stocked in some premier boutiques, yet is also in some whack ones in the middle of nowhere. not that i dont advocate growth or getting money, but it just seems a little incongruent

Even though they have not been around for a decade or so, I would actually still consider them OG in the grand scheme of the whole streetwear thing. Streetwear really has not blown up until maybe a couple years ago. Thinking back five years ago there were probably only a handful of shops in the states that catered to streetwear excluding skate shops.

Ya SSUR is definetely OG.

I think one of the main reasons why aNYthing is stocked in some shit holes is because unlike supreme they were not able to do a shop first then grow the brand, they did it backwards. But I do commend them for staying clear of tradeshows.