EVISU VS RED MONKEY

Dope Boy C

JJ,

Nah. I didnt see those there. They had the other ones with the little waves, and some one with monkeys. Those tidal waves are most likely Asia only, just because HK/Japan gets all the illest stuff.

The denim was nice. For Red Monkey, the quality is most def there. I swear I saw two different selvedge on them. Its pretty shiny looking, and real real dark for all you raw denim lovers. If it came in an distressed color, I would be very interested in a pair, but they are still very very expensive. But, from what Ive seen, it seems you actually get what you pay for these.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Red Monkey jeans are really hot. Evisu was last year, Red monkey's the new shit. They have some really cool ones at this website http://www.europemoda.com/bydesigner.asp?DID=448&category=Red%20Monkey%20Jeans

They are bloody nice, worn by Pharell, Kayne West, Jay-z and I think that even Akon wore a pair when he performed Belly Dancer at the Europe Music Awards 2005

Quote:

Red Monkey jeans are really hot. Evisu was last year, Red monkey's the new shit. They have some really cool ones at this website http://www.europemoda.com/bydesigner.asp?DID=448&category=Red%20Monkey%20Jeans

They are bloody nice, worn by Pharell, Kayne West, Jay-z and I think that even Akon wore a pair when he performed Belly Dancer at the Europe Music Awards 2005

--- Original message by Hell4ahustler on Dec 16, 2005 08:45 AM

Wow, isn't it convinent that you sell them...

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

This is one of those cases of : "fucking awesome but i'd never wear it myself kind of thing." Almost like haute couture...I appreciate it as an art piece, nice to look at but soo not practical. The other comments are true -- these pictures don't do the jeans justice, they REALLY sparkle and are VERY eye catching, with amazing ebroidery. They are absolutely gorgeous, but again, I just can't bring myself to actually wear them.

If anyone is truly interested, Hong Kong has them very cheap. I saw them in a mall for mid $200s.

These jeans are going to the next popular thang in the exclusive hip hop scene (if they aren't already). Seeing how even youngster hip hop heads are sporting Evisus left and right now after Jay Z.

To further verify my feeling, there's a report on RMC in Complex (In their new issue). In it is an interesting picture of one of their jeans - the one that Ringring talked about, where they use just needles to poke through the denim to create the embroidery effect. It looks neat, but of course they are like 1000+ dollars per jean or something like that.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 16, 2005 at 09:51 PM

We have about six designs of the Red Monkey's at Up Against the Wall in Beverly Center. The quality of denim is nice, very heavy, nice and shiny, and quite stiff. I have heard rumors that call their indigo "bulletproof" so they may not be the best denim to get if you're looking to fade them yourself, but as crisp dry denim goes, they look nice.

The embroidered back pockets are loud and big, that is for sure, but the quality of the embroidery is pretty impressive.

We do have the tidal wave jeans pictured above in this thread, they are not an asian only release. We also have a model called the geisha girl jeans. It has a geisa holding a ninja sword on one pocket, and the same girl pulling up her kamono on the other, very graphically...(if there's grass on the field play ball....) We also do have the gold and silver pocketed ones that Akon wore.

Overall....nice denim, LOUD pockets. Similair overall feel to the chinese evisu's out at the moment, but in a baggier, straighter fit

Fuck....more shit to buy

Anyway there aren't that many people that like RMC jeans, but people didn't buy evisu jeans as soon as they hit the market. A lot of people hated them in the beginning. Personally I think they're really cool, because the brand is really new, and everyone wears evisu nowadays, while Red monkey is unique for the time being

The Heinaken RMC's were very cool, and pretty exclusive. We had a few pairs, but weren't even allowed to put them out on the sales floor. They were brought out of the back for special customers

Fuck....more shit to buy

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

evisu you buy over here in uk is a pile of absolute shite.. theyre nasty quality, not even nicely cut, and even the real ones look fake!! the only way your gonna get a decent pair is in japan, or buy vintage ones..

not sure about red monkey.. get some pics up!

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Jul 11, 2005 06:04 AM

I just bought myself a pair of EU ED Evisu jeans and I have to agree upto a certain extent. The cut isn't too bad, but I wouldn't be suprised if it were fake (maybe because of how the gulls looked in person).

If you use the search button, there are quite a few other posts about Red Monkey (I read about them when I joined). They seem interesting, being Chinese myself kinda makes me want some slightly more (pride ftw). I might ask my Step-Dad how much they cost over there since he's in HK at the moment.

I just saw the Geisha Girl jeans...I wouldn't be wearing those for school, or when going shopping that's for one. It seems somewhat distasteful.

I also have to add that RMC are a bitch to find over here in the UK. But unless I saw how they fit, I don't know if I would get some.

Edited by Tabris on Jan 8, 2006 at 01:21 AM

Quote:

These jeans are going to the next popular thang in the exclusive hip hop scene (if they aren't already). Seeing how even youngster hip hop heads are sporting Evisus left and right now after Jay Z.

To further verify my feeling, there's a report on RMC in Complex (In their new issue). In it is an interesting picture of one of their jeans - the one that Ringring talked about, where they use just needles to poke through the denim to create the embroidery effect. It looks neat, but of course they are like 1000+ dollars per jean or something like that.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 16, 2005 at 09:51 PM

--- Original message by Sauce on Dec 16, 2005 08:20 PM

I hated wearing my Evisus AFTER jayz wore them in his videos..

I still wear them - no doubt about that, but here are two events that make me bitter towards hiphop and its effect unto the world of non-hiphop fashion.

1)someone came up to on the street and asked me "where did you get them Jigga Jeans.."

2)my friend asked me if my Evisus were "RocaWear" duh!

evisu.gif

Rocawear

rocawear_faded_knit_crewneck.jpg

fivepoints wear (see any complex magazine) have a logo similar to the evisu gull as well..

when it all boils down to it - its a fancy levi's logo..

Say Word!