modifying all-stars

case87

Here's the deal. I don't like the all-star hightops. They're too high, too narrow at the top, something. They look awesome on some people, but not me. So, I had the idea of cutting them off and making them into kinda mids. I wouldn't just cut the top off straight up, I would fold and sew the edges so it didnt look shitty. Same with the tongue. In my mind, they'd come out looking something like this:

i889239_newcon.jpg

There's not much difference, just one eyelet. Maybe I'm just being too picky about this, but I thought I'd see what you guys think about either the technique or the idea.

yeah it was dqm:

dqm1_complex.jpg

about the shape i'm looking for... but I'm not really feelin that colorway (pretty sure I'd do it with white). It's the only one that exists as far as I can tell. If I do it as planned mine will have 7 eyelets. The lows have 5, DQMs 6, and highs 8. Thanks for the heads up t hough.

Yeah man... I agree. I don't like those. Hence me possibly attempting to make my own. Anyone else have experience with modifying shoes in any way? This would be my first shot at it... I mean I don't think it would be that hard, but if anyone's got any advice that'd be cool. Thanks.

i have some hi-top chucks i bought a few years ago to replace a pair of low-tops that were torn to shreds (this was before chucks were popular, so i couldn't find white low's) . . .

i traced the shape of the low tops sides onto the hi tops and just cut off the excess with heavy duty scissors. i didn't sew the edges down or anything and just let the fray. i like the look a lot and get compliments all the time.

good luck with everything

Thanks man. Yeah... at first I felt like leaving the fray wouldn't be a good idea, but now I'm reconsidering. I mean once I could it off I could see how it looks and then just sew it if I want to... you don't happen to have any pictures of the ones you mentioned do you? Now I just gotta decide whether to go with 6 or 7 holes. Thoughts anyone?