Ralph Lauren, Levis, and A/X selvedge?

jhey

When I was in orlando today, I went to an outlet and Armani exchange had a pair of raw tan-ish line selvedge jeans. I left, and went to the polo Ralph Lauren store, and there were light colored jeans with redline selvedge on them. They had a rip or something on the thigh.

At the levis store, there was a pair of levis reds that were black, and really shiny. It almost looked like leather, but it wasn't, and they were pretty nice. The denim was pretty smooth, and seemed like it was ink-logged.

My question is has anyone had any experience with any of these jeans if you can understand my descriptions? The a/x selvedge jeans were about 40 dollars, so I was wondering if those are cheap good quality jeans that some people on here have. I would also like to know how easily they creased, faded, or ripped if you have/had them.

If this is in the wrong section, please delete it and neg rep me. Thanks

I'll try to find pictures in the mean time.

Edit: I found a/x pics

frontvs1.jpg

fulluq1.jpg

selvedgeer0.jpg

Everyone's jumping on the selvedge bandwagon these days... I have a pair of Gap Gough selvedge and they are nothing like any of my other selvedge jeans in terms of quality of fabric and construction.

For example, you can literally see through the outseam (selvedge) if you were to spread them apart with your hands. I can't do that on any of my other selvedge jeans. I think Kiya has a thread out there on what's wrong with Gap selvedge jeans. I bought mine cuz they were $9.97. I have to say that they have some interesting details though like donut buttons, selvedge waistband (inside), and felled inseams.

I agree with you. Everyone is doing selvedge now, from artful dodger, to armani exchange, to dc shoes. I have a pair of gap goughs that I used to wear a lot. They held up pretty well, and I haven't had a problem with them. I think the back looks stupid, and the pockets are shaped weird, but other than that, I liked them. What people need to realize (by people I don't mean anyone on this site) is that the world doesn't revolve around selvedge. People may like the way it looks, but I feel that it's all the same anyway. Half selvedge, no selvedge, and selvedge probably all hold up the same.

Unrelated-is the stuff on the evisus considered selvedge?

IMG_6223.jpg

They call it that, but it looks different from all the selvedge jeans i've ever seen.

those evisu are full selvage. 2 different colors. I don't remember ever seeing any Evisu half selvage in their current lines although I am not a Evis Expert.

and Old Navy had selvage almost a year ago, over a year ago? O.N. is running thangs in this gayme called Sellvage, bitches! AX fall the fucc back

Unrelated-is the stuff on the evisus considered selvedge?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/Tultraximo/New%20Album/IMG_6223.jpg

They call it that, but it looks different from all the selvedge jeans i've ever seen.

Is it really THAT hard to see the difference between a selvage denim fabric and a non selvage denim fabric? I just dont get what the problem is.

No I just thought that this was the only way selvedge looks

C9D3510E-8381-4EF3-8085-C566AECFFD88.jpg

one stripe, two-stripe,

red stripe, blue stripe?

no stripe, rainbow edwin stripe??

it's a closed edge- no fraying, and no stitching (thread) visible

(not the best/most accurate definition, but not hard to figure out)

• 4 weeks later...