cathay pacific business class?

rama9791

i normally fly with singapore airlines for my biannual trip home (mel - sin - jkt) but this winter i cant get a seat on SQ and Emirates so i bought a cathay pacific economy class ticket.. the economy class is shocking, so im thinkin of upgrading to business class (since the flight takes aobut 14 hours, 5 to HKG, 9 to MEL), is it worth it?

i flew cathay business/first once to HK from NY. it was probably the nicest business class i've been on, great service by cute asian chicks, good food, seats that convert into beds, etc... but it was something like 700 or econ and upwards of 6k for business/first. if you've got the money, it's definitely worth it.

only problem is that there is (was) a layover, and continental has a direct flight so i prefer that, even though the service isn't as nice. but that's got nothing to do with upgrading or not.

Hmm, unless you have a fat expense account or are ridiculously rich or you cannot undergo any kind of 'suffering' of any sort, there really is no point in sitting in business or first class. Just think of the money you can save by not doing it.

Just knuckle up and endure for the 11 or 14 hours flight. There are so many things you can do to pass the time and many things you can buy with the money saved.

if you have money to waste, then i guess you could go business class. however, cathay is a great airline and i'm sure you will be able to find something to occupy your time during the flight. i would avoid the window seat on the a340's since there is a large metal box that impedes on leg room. emirates is highly over rated and their economy seats are cramped. when i went to korea this past january i purposely didn't sleep the night before so i slept for most 14hr flight. and in the future, you should try continental's economy class. the service isn't on par with singapore or cathay, but far superior to most airlines including virgin and ba and they have really wide and comfortable seats.

Save your money? Who cares about an 11 hour flight, take a val or two sellp through the trip.

Is Cathay Pacific alright? I'm flying them Melb > HK

as i said its OKish but the plane is sortof old and the thing thats used to control the IFE is not in a form of a remote that we can move around, so you'll need to use ur left hand to control everythin..

Business in Cathay is amazing - my uncle is a Cathay engineer and my mum only pays 20% of the cost of a ticket...

I travel from LA to Syd business on American Airlines and its not as good as Cathay. You get Old biddies in AA and young Asian chicks on Cathay. But whateves its better than getting crammed in coach.

Cathay is a shit airline, i only fly it when there's absolutely no other options for my departure time...the worst part is that Cathay has a fucking monopoly on air times. Asiana's business class is quite good, if you're doing intercontinental flights 10+ hours, it's much more comfortable. The last time I flew Cathay business, which was about a year ago, the seats were old and uncomfortable and the food (never expect much with airline food, but still it's "business" class, right?) is appalling. Shitty service too.

From now on, i will avoid flying this airline at all costs. Surprised it's getting rave reviews on here.