RIP Liz Claiborne

jeepster

Liz was a pioneer, this thread needs more love.

I think hers was the first woman-founded company to make it into the Fortune 500.

The menswear line was marketed under the name Claiborne, and I own one of their sweaters, and its been a solid piece of my winter wardrobe for like three years now.

From Wiki:

With over 40 brands, flagships include Liz Claiborne, Lucky Brand Jeans, Mexx, and Juicy Couture.

Other brands include Axcess, Bora Bora, C & C California, City Unltd, Crazy Horse, Curve, Dana Buchman, Elisabeth, Ellen Tracy, Emma James, Enyce, First Issue, Intuitions, J.H. Collectibles, Kate Spade, Kenzie, Kenziegirl, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Mac & Jac, Mambo, Marvella, Monet, Monet 2, Narciso Rodriguez, Prana, Realities, Sigrid Olsen, Soul, Spark, Stamp 10, Tapemeasure, Tint, Trifari, Villager, and Yzza.

I think so, liz claiborne had a lot of lines under her namesake. There's all the lizs', liz claiborne collection, lizsport, lizwear, liz claiborne dresses, liz & co...then other lines like elisabeth, dana buchman...etc. Haven't really been keeping up with that company, mainly because I don't shop there but ten years ago they had more then 2 billion in sales. Pretty damn impressive.

rip

wasnt there a liz claiborne for men line? i think i remember my mom years ago perchasing me a shirt or two.

I have a shirt but its just "claiborne"; after searching the whole mall, it was pretty much the only shirt that would fit me properly.

yeah, i used to rock some lucky raws back in the day, but i grew out of them. i did find a few claiborne work shirts in my closet, but ive long since grown out of those too. really solid clothing, and she definately was a pioneer. her obit. in the NY times confirmed that she was the first woman to make it into the fortune 500. amazing woman, and she was always sharply dressed in press pictures and promos.

• 1 month later...