jeremy scott loves ksubi shit

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

i've only saw a couple pieces. i really want to love this shit, but i don't think i could actually pull them off whilst taking myself seriously.

Guest jmatsu
i can't even take the shit seriously but that's the point. uzi and fingerprint is on point...but i don't know about the price.

i adore ksubi and generally like scott's vision, but really don't get the point of this collaboration. i want to believe that this shit is something more than just another double label marketing ploy.

the cuts of the denim are jus van winkles, with motifs that scott probably curated in a matter of minutes. should i feel stupid for buying or not buying???

Guest jmatsu
I'd honestly feel pretty stupid buying either brand seperately (even though I may still do it regardless), together, for more cash, it's even worse.

i own maybe 2 pieces by scott. i do own alot of tsubi and ksubi (liked their shit for along time). i can empathize with consumers/haters of scott, but what specifically don't you like about tsubi? the gimmickry/vision, actual product, price point...what?

In all honestly, I'd really like them if they were cheaper. Everything they make is fine, it just doesn't warrant the price. Also, the back pockets are too small on their jeans. Also, the 2 crosses on the back left thigh bother me. That's really it.

Guest jmatsu
In all honestly, I'd really like them if they were cheaper. Everything they make is fine, it just doesn't warrant the price. Also, the back pockets are too small on their jeans. Also, the 2 crosses on the back left thigh bother me. That's really it.

the smallest of the pockets are on the joeys and van winkles. i find the others pretty standard save the dee dee, because that shit has been slightly different depending on the season (i want to say that a chemical wash would affect them, but this seems far-fetched). i guess the crosses thing is personal preference.

i'm not trying to put you on the hot seat, but before the wave of cheaper slim cut denim/pants labels what did you wear?

i really enjoy the idea of this collaboration- jeremy scott's most popular prints married to ksubi's most favored cuts- and i'd probably pick up a pair of the thumbprint pantaloons if i cared enough to spend that much money.

also, anyone else up on what a crash and burn this was on a personal front? jeremy scott and the ksubi guys now hate each other's guts apparently, after a lot of arguments about pricing, which jean models would be used, which prints ksubi wanted to work with, etc. basically, they didn't agree on anything and now aren't even on speaking terms. YAY!

Guest jmatsu

also, anyone else up on what a crash and burn this was on a personal front? jeremy scott and the ksubi guys now hate each other's guts apparently, after a lot of arguments about pricing, which jean models would be used, which prints ksubi wanted to work with, etc. basically, they didn't agree on anything and now aren't even on speaking terms. YAY!

thats it! i am going to buy as much as i possibly can.

i hope that this isn't just some elaborate marketing scheme.

also, ripped from a newsfeed i just tracked down in my email inbox dated to

Sept. 19th 2006:

"Jeremy hates Ksubi?

Tomorrow, the Sydney label formerly known as Tsubi makes its New York runway debut - but will it make centre stage? It seems US designer Jeremy Scott may be miffed by all the attention the Jeremy Loves Ksubi collaboration range is attracting. A public relations flack, claiming to represent Scott and Ksubi, bailed up Fashion Police to say: "This is definitely a Jeremy Scott show - it's not going to be a backstage photo op with Dan [single] and George [Gorrow]." She dismissed the range - which features Scott's quirky Hotline and Finger Print graphics on Ksubi's skinny jeans, biker jackets and denim dresses - as nothing more than a "couple" of items and said it might not even make the final show cut. Meanwhile, in a Ksubi press release, Scott says: "What I think is extra special about our collaboration is that it really comes from a mutual admiration of one another - the humour, passion and a good time for all."

I would hold out on buying an ksubi untill summer 08 is released. It is worlds better then any of the brands recent offerings. So much more mature.

OH MAN THAT SHIT IS OFF THE FUCKING WALL

sorry i'm just really excited for that.

• 5 months later...