another tokyo post, sorry

ericdw

i know there's a crapload of posts about tokyo, but i have a very specific question

i just booked my post-bar exam trip - 6 nights in tokyo, 1 in kyoto, 4 in bangkok, 3 in phuket. problem is there's too much studying to be done to do any decent research on hotels and by the time i'll be free to put in the effort, it will be too late. i need your superhelp too.

there is a stupid amount of info to search through, so i'll ask this:

if you could pick one hotel to stay at in tokyo for less than $300 usd a night, which would it be?

thanks. back to studying.

Shirokane Oakwood Service Apartments, close thread. About 13000 yen a night for the studio room, it's better than any 5 star hotel i've stayed at. JR/Metro wise it's 2-3 stops from most of the shopping destinations worth going to. Depending on who's working, the concierge ranges from indifferent to very helpful...but bang for your buck there's no better. Also the pillows will have you sleeping like a baby.

The only problem is gotanda is full of sketchy people, stores, and fuzokutens.

If you don't mind the super-sketchy atmosphere, then it's a good choice.

Now it all makes sense. One of those sketchy people is a friend of mine, I have never been to gotanda so I didn't know the connotations, but he def fits it.

Drinking with him one night and he whips it out and takes a piss without breaking a step walking down the street people walking past. Some dude on a phone just lost it laughing.

That had nothing to do with your question.

not really, it's actually very quiet in Gotanda cept on fridays, where it becomes a after work hangout area cus of the large number of restaurants and karaoke places, but it never gets nearly as sketchy or as hectic as Shinjuku.