Wrangler Blue Bell ID question

rabbitpunch

Just picked up a pair of Blue Bells, but I don't know much about them.

Details:

-Slim Fit, unwashed

-Talon zipper

-"W" shaped leather patch on right back pocket, with block-printed Wrangler on it, not in the usual wrangler rope script.

-Broken twill (zig zag warp & weft on underside)

-tilted blue bell on tag inside the fly

-made in Canada

-small viscose or nylon Wrangler tag above right back pocket (yellow letters on black)

-No leather patch on waistband

Any help?

The patch doesn't say blue bell and looks to be machine stitched

The zipper isn't a Talon 42; It says talon on both the slider and pull

Has anyone seen these before? I've scoured google and ebay and can't find anything remotely similar

$4.99 CDN at Value Village, G*d bless em

Edited by rabbitpunch on Jun 25, 2005 at 09:17 PM

No, it's an Ellice in Winnipeg (doubt that means anything to anyone on these boards).

Winnipeg is unreal for vintage n thrift. In the past 2 weeks, I've scored Big E 517s for $25, these Blue Bells for $5, and NWT Gap ringring (I think) boot cuts in my size for 5 or 6 bucks. I passed on a snow wash (almost white) Lee jacket that's probably worth nothing but maad cheesy, and thus dope in my eyes. I had visions of that jacket with a big-ass Pantera patch on the back.

I'm probably running out my luck, but I think people were are way more into mall style than vintage. But hell, I don't pay retail for anything other than liquor.

There are finds to be had at charity shops all over the world, but places like NY, SF, LA and Vacouver (because of the large Japanese population) probably get skimmed quicker than backasswards towns such as Tha Peg.