Acne Mic

jufros

Acne raw mics look like a pretty good cut to me, slim straight leg, comparable to nudie slim jims or pbj xx-005, both of which i own and love... I know acne runs pretty true to size but was wondering if anyone knew how they fade, how slim they are, has fit pictures, experience, etc. Thanks.

i had a pair but returned them (they had a zipper, which I hate), so i can't speak for the fading

but i think consensus is it's not especially great, or very pronounced

i'd say go with your xx-005 size; the mics will be slim, but not quite as snug as the pbjs in the top block

it was weird - 33 xx-005 is more or less perfect on me

i had a bit of extra room in the 33 mics

so i tried a 32 and couldn't close them to save my life

:confused:

Don't buy Acnes looking for sick fades or anything. They're a dressier jean that seems to hold their color a bit better and aren't really made for extreme japanese denim fades. They have really nice fits though. Very clean.

I've had a pair of 30/32 mic rigid's for about a year, wore them a lot to start with and they were super tight (originally had 32/34) but they are now snug round groin and thighs. I'm a 32/34 in slim jims.

Colour wear is virtually none, admittedly i don't wear them hard but when i was wearing frequently it hasn't really done much, so good for smarter occasions and the office.

j

I heard that this pair of jeans doesn't stretch out much, but I need help to figure out my size. I normally wear size 29 jeans, but someone told me that I might need to size down one size. What do you guys think? If I give you my waist length, would you be able to figure out my size for the Acne Mic? Are there any threads about the size of Acne Mic?

from what i gathered over the last week it seems like mics fit pretty much true to size and dont stretch a ton. I just copped the gray ones from denim bar so I'll let you know how they fit when I get them and maybe throw up some pictures.

I'm normally a fan of rare Japanese denim myself, but I just picked up a pair of Acne Mic Rigid (raw) from Barney's in LA yesterday.

First off, they were on sale for $129 which made me look past the zipper and not-so-deep pockets. Second, the fit is amazing. A lighter weight denim with a shitload of indigo in it. I've already stained a shirt around the waist. So, that being said, I think the fade (at least on this run of the Mic Rigid) should be a nice one.

I cannot endorese spending more than $130 on Acne. If you have $200, or so to spend, you can do A LOT better. If you're looking for a good pair of jeans in this fit, I wear Pure Blue XX-005. Great fit, price, and they come in a slubby black as well. You can get em from blueingreensoho.com.

Hope that helps.

I've got a pair of Mic Rigid's in 29 if anyone wants. Worn once.

I like them. They're kind of lightweight and a bit soft, not as stiff as APC, plus the zipper (boo!), but they're cool. I'm really only getting rid of the pair I have because they're too big.

Incidently the Raw finish seems to be more rigid than the Rigid finish.

I have had a pair of acne hex (girls) for 9 months with regular wear – they've had 2 washes and faded quite nicely although not alot. They have stayed true to size. I paid £100 which yes is pricey but there are so few decent girls jeans cheaper than that with the minimal branding that the acne jeans have. I will definately get another pair soon. ive got some pics but they wont upload as to big and when re sized they are stupidly small and hard to see.....:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Acnes generally fit true to size and it's even more true for their washed version. Someone felt the blacktrash washed mics were too tight true to size and i think returned and sized up 1. I'd definitely get your true size.

^ Thanks for the advice man-

I rock a 30 in NS, tried on a pair of the Max Losts in a 34 though and they felt a little bit big but I wasn't sure if I should try to find a 32 or 33 (34 is all they had)... Does Acne have a store maybe in NYC that I could hit up you think?

I'm sure they do. You could look on acne's main webpage and find locations. Also, barneys coop in new york carries acne stuff. As do other stores. I don't know names and locations though. I'm sure you can find them.