Help buying a digital camera

Egpt

so, i had a fujifilm f700 for a few years, but i broke it today and i guess it's time to move on since this would be 3rd time i would be taking it to repair.

can someone give me advice on a nice compact digital camera that also has good movie capabalities?

I usually agree with "use the search" but the last digi cam thread is at least 2 months old (i think) and there have been alot of new releases in that time.

Alot of people i know have had trouble with sony cams. I have a casio exilim which is quite good and very compact - video is good but night shots are average.

Check out reviews on cnet.com as they are unbiased.... so it seems.

yeah, but reading cnet makes me feel like every compact digital camera is shit lol(it makes sense though).

i wasn't very please with fujifilm actually, considering the camera i have. apart from having a great video mode, it is really weak(it was my first digi though, so i may just be asking for too much)

any more opinions?

For awsome movies the canon powershot TX1 looks sweet : http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_tx1-review although not without signifcant drawback-.

Otherwise I would echo AYN's reccomendation of the fuji because noise is a SERIOUS issue on these. I have a panasonic DMC-FZ7 - great for shooting birds outdoors but a bit naf inside or at night. IS is a good thing to have because it allows you to use lower ISO. The iage stabilised canon looked great from what i've seen