Amsterdamage

mtl20v

I'm going to be in Amsterdam from june 14th to the 21st. I've been a couple times but all I cared about was coffeeshops and this time id like to party and get a bit of shopping done.

I'm an Adidas fan...anyone know where to buy Adidas in the 'Dam and any stores that sell high end Denim.

THX

You seem to be in luck mtl20v as Adidas opened one of their flagship stores in Amsterdam last summer.

Adidas Originals Store

Leidsestraat 7

1017NS Amsterdam

Tel +31 20 4287634

060530-shop3.jpg

You also may want to scour some of the second-hand stores in the city where you might find some vintage stuff. You will find more info on that in other superjetset threads, as Cotton Duck mentioned earlier. For more info see:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=341440

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=390655

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=7299

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=1041

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3642

...and so on.

I might post some more specific party info next week if I can find the inspiration.

Thanks so much!!

As you walk out of Centraal station on Damrak on the right is a place called Hotel info. in 2000 they put me up at the Grand Krasnapolsky for 99gilders a night. Is this still the best place to find great deals on hotels. I want something semi-lux but cant really afford 200euro a night.

I'm going to be in Amsterdam from june 14th to the 21st. I've been a couple times but all I cared about was coffeeshops and this time id like to party and get a bit of shopping done.

I'm an Adidas fan...anyone know where to buy Adidas in the 'Dam and any stores that sell high end Denim.

THX

Visit Patta, Concrete and 90SQM for sure.

They got some of the illest things in A'dam.

Check the citylist.

THX

For denim do you mean brands such like Sugarcane or LVC?

Visit Concrete or go to 2pr for jeans like Acne for example.

Okay so here's some info on what's happening from 14-21 june:

The recently opened P-King (corner Vijzelstraat/Herengracht) is buzzing. It's a good place for decent asian fusion food and a bottle of white wine. Nice to sit outside when temperatures are 25+ C.

Cineac (an former old cinema) re-opened its doors last week and will probably attract a very generic crowd. They promise good affordable Asian food in the evening hours and the cocktails should be fine. Besides, the club just opened so if you want to check it out, you should do it now. I guess the RUSH 3000 evenings (every thursday) are your best bet for a nice crowd. Young audience and plenty of pretentious eye candy. See http://www.chemistry.nl for pictures of their opening party to get an idea of the punters.

If you want to know the who's who of Dutch hip hop, go for Appelsap on friday the 15th in Melkweg (Lijnbaansgracht 234). EUR 5,- entrance. Expect a young crowd.

Meanwhile, the sneaker/streetwear fanatics will be gathering at Cafe de Duivel (Reguliersdwarsstraat 87) on Friday from 22:00-04:00 for PATTA's Asics collaboration release party. Contact the PATTA crew for RSVP info. Open bar from 23:00-00:00.

Also worth mentioning: Fashion Radio at Studio 80 (Rembrandtplein) on Friday the 15th. Bit of a fashion/hipster gathering, hosted by the awesome DJ Lupe.

Nachtkracht was probably one of the best parties of 2006 and the 2007 edition will be held at BG (Oosterdokskade 5) on June 16th. If you want to know what's hot in Amsterdam's underground you do not want to miss this. Art, fashion, bullshit, drugs, live acts and DJs will create a complete chaos from 21:00 until 06:00. Last year the whole place was torn down during the last live act. Free entrance before 22:00 or pay EUR 5,- (and prepare to wait in line to get in). Flyer.

For a taste of the city's underground fashion scene, ask the cab driver to bring you to a small village of 'Ruigoord' where Le Freaque Fashion Show will take place in the Ruigoord church. Here, various new-school fashion designers like Nieuw Jurk will present their collections in an unconventional way (think chaos, weird acts and unexpected happenings) while Bas Kosters (DJ-set) and outrageous act Link Loeder will take care of the musical entertainment. Weirdness from 21:30 - 04:00. Buy tickets for EUR 15,- at Open (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 291).

Amsterdam Roots Festival is held from 16-23 June on various locations throughout Amsterdam. If you're into world music, check out the festival program. If the weather is nice, head to Oosterpark on Sunday the 17th where you can enjoy music, drinks, food and Amsterdammers from all corners of the world. Various stages with plenty of acts will entertain throughout the day. Free entrance.

On wednesdays, hit NL (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal) or a party called "Br33z4h sL3Tj3s" at Meander (check http://breezersletjes.blogspot.com/ for pic and the password).

That's about it for now. More info can be found in the other threads. Make sure you don't hang around in the red light district too much and go explore the 9 Straatjes area, Utrechtsestraat and Haarlemmerdijk/Haarlemmerstraat. See other threads.

HGope you have good weather. Have a good trip!

..and buy me a double whiskey at Nachtkracht on Saturday :)

This opportunity seems to good to pass up ... Tisswat : I'm hitting the Dam 18-24 June , then Antwerp, Berlin and back to Amsterdam to leave 3 July. So ditto info for parties for 21-24 june and 29-3 july.

Please pardom my newbie status - I keep asking myself where I've been ...

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry i havent thanked you earlier Tissway but i has the most incredible time in Amsterdam. I'm already planning to go back in october. The nine streets area was some of the best shopping ive ever done in my life and the people are so beautiful. So much style and everyone is so nice, genuine and caring....just like you.

Thanks so much once again.

Karim