superliving - design for the everyday/one

soepom

I've always been pro-proleteriatization of design. Not that you shouldn't pay for good design, but if the masses could begin to appreciate good design, then it can be produced in larger quantities and we'd all benefit from the economies of scale.

I appreciate MUJI for its clean simple aesthetics. Particularly in homeware, and stationery. And it is one of those brands (ironically, it means "brandless" in japanese i think) that comes close to that ethos of making good design affordable.

I wish I had the aptitude for design, but I don't. Though I do believe many on our forums might, or know people who do. Do check out the MUJI Award International Design Competition: http://www.muji.net/award/

Also, if you like home furnishing/furniture design/product design, there's a site I've been visiting for a long time that to me, is the translation of the prevalent (okay i'm really just generalising here) sufu aesthetic from fashion to furnishing - www.betterlivingthroughdesign.com