t-shirt alterations?

anyone have experience? ever have it done at the dry cleaners'?

all i want is some t's made a couple inches slimmer. like a simple cut up one side, take it in, and restitch.

i tried it myself on a sewing maching with one t-shirt, but the stitching doesnt give like it normally would and im afraid it will cause the holes to stretch out or rip. im guessing the dry cleaners / tailors use either a special elastic thread or some wacky stitch pattern.

feeeeed me your information.

:begin:

i knew that was going to happen. ive searched for so many things on this site in the short time ive been here, and the search function NEVER works for me. at best, i get a handful of randomly-titled threads that i read a few pages of w/out finding what im looking for.

i knew that was going to happen. ive searched for so many things on this site in the short time ive been here, and the search function NEVER works for me. at best, i get a handful of randomly-titled threads that i read a few pages of w/out finding what im looking for.

dont fret, the search function on the board IS fucked... next time try the supertalk google search.

sorry, but:

search > advanced search > "altering" / search titles only > 4th result: DIY: altering t-shirts

or

search > google search for "altering t-shirts" > first result: DIY: altering t-shirts

that said, I'm pretty sure theres probably 30 threads inquiring about if tailors can do this and that. besides, why not ask the tailor? :confused:

what goes for altering t-shirts, no you don't need any special thread, just a very basic sewing machine.