Twin Cities

kauflust

I'll be in the Twin Cities for grad school this fall. MN SuFu-ers - if there are any - what the hell is up there?

Best places to:

1. live near campus?

2. study?

3. eat breakfast/lunch/dinner?

3. have a nightlife?

4. continue to hone my SuFu image?

See above.

Truth be told, there are things to do up here; just not very many places to do them that are of "SuFu" quality (did I just say that...?)

Anyways, Triple Rock, Pizza Luce, Psycho Suzies, Modern Cafe, Chambers, and Brits' Pub are all pretty amazing places, and unlike anything you'll find anywhere else.

As for honing your SuFu image, shopping sucks here. There is literally one store in Minneapolis that sells anything fashionable for men. I'm probably the only person up here that has Dior jeans - enough said.

People live by three things up here: heavy metal, mullets, and Miller Lite.

Yeah, I actually really like Minneapolis as a city (St. Paul on the other hand always felt like a small town) but it's lacking in the kind of stuff SuFu folks would want. I haven't been there in a year or so but to my knowledge there aren't any sneaker/streetwear/denim/up to the minute-type spots. I think there might be one H&M way out in the suburbs..

When I went to visit there last year, I was kind of disappointed at the lack of stores. There really isn't much downtown...

I don't know if you like jazz, but the Dakota Jazz Club is awesome! I saw Stacey Kent, who I love anyway, and it was one of the happiest hours in my life. I couldn't stop smiling...

• 2 weeks later...