Skateboards on a plane?

nwhysee

Unfortunately jetblue suspiciously omits any mention on whether or not i can bring a skateboard deck with me on a plane and my email will be in queue for 5-7 business days. It's a gift for a friend and is still in its plastic wrapping, no wheels, bearings etc. To also complicate things the two bags im planning on checking in are two small to fit said deck in. So how have you guys transported your board?

i've brought mine with me a couple times and never had a problem. and i usually just carry it in my hand. reminds me of an old issue of Big Bro where Dave Carnie couldn't board a plan with his board and then wrote a letter to the company and they sent him back some apologies with stupid ass gift. i know it doesn't sound funny at all, ut it really was, i miss that mag a lot...

i've brought mine with me a couple times and never had a problem. and i usually just carry it in my hand. reminds me of an old issue of Big Bro where Dave Carnie couldn't board a plan with his board and then wrote a letter to the company and they sent him back some apologies with stupid ass gift. i know it doesn't sound funny at all, ut it really was, i miss that mag a lot...

gold spandex and roller skates.... or something or other. hahahaha.

it's a TSA issue not an airline issue. but i've seen kids with boards on flights before.

i was in security behind a deaf man with a hockey stick once. it was awesome. the airline told him it okay was to carry it on. the TSA agent wouldn't let him and couldn't communicate this to him. the TSA guy thought it could be used as a weapon. the deaf man didn't understand this. chaos followed.

Most Airlines have plastic bags at the check-in you can wrap stuff like a skateboard and you can check them with your luggage... Although you should bring a sharpie with you and put all your details on the bag to aviod BS when you get to your destination...

Whatever you do DON'T let the airline clerk stick any stickers directly onto your deck - they are a bitch to take off!

Otherwise check it in as a special transport item, and you can claim your deck at the checkpoint instead of the turnstyle.

gold spandex and roller skates.... or something or other. hahahaha.

wasn't that the cover of one of there videos? shit or crap??? i can't remember...i miss big bro mag used to make me fuckin laugh all the time. Along with Blunt.

Oh and I brought my board to mexico about 7mos. ago and didn't get any trouble at all, it all depends on the airline and the personel your dealing with. If you get someone who's being a dick about it just kinda sweet talk them into understanding how you don't want it to get fucked up underneath the plane and all... they'll probably be sympathetic towards you.

Final Verdict:

"Dear,

Thank you for contacting us about JetBlue baggage guidelines. We are

happy to respond to your

questions. You may check your skateboard in your checked luggage,

provided it fits inside. You may

also carry your skateboard aboard as one of your personal items."