bow ties

hola123

so as prom is approaching, i'm trying to find things to wear that are unique and not cheap-looking. i'm looking for a bow tie along the lines of lanvin-- something kind of floppy and more casual-- or maybe something very structured and chic like the dior homme ones i've seen recently. the problem is that i can't find anything like this anywhere. can you suggest any websites that might have something along these lines? it obviously doesn't have to be designer, since saving money is always a good thing. also, what would you wear to go along with it-- cumberbund or vest?

probably doesn't help, but i know top shop had a bunch of velvet floppy ties just like hte lanvin ones. but i agree with v, above, best way to go is to find a vintage shop. they'll probably have lots. another way to go is go to the fabric store and buy some ribbon and make either a really neat bow or get some double sided tape and have it just cross at the neck. although this look can get too brandon flowers/killers-ish.