Favorite Cologne

darkanimal -- if i can vouch for one thing about bond scents is that they are well made, complex and last a very long time.

their only downside is that their scents aren't very daring or original at all. if anything alot of them are like well crafted, quality copies of some scents. off the top of my head, here are some of my reviews

Eau de New York -- listed as unisex, starts off very, very fresh and green with floral but dries down to very feminine. all you get in the end are the flowers and something that smells like 4711

Great Jones -- listed as men's, very soapy. it was soapy in an old fashioned/barbershop soapy in my opinion; not like a bar of irish springs.

Chez Bond -- men's, modern Green Irish Tweed. no bitter, harsh note though. very natural smelling unlike curve or cool water (or the other GIT copies) that seem to smell synthetic after a while.

Central Park -- unisex, green but in an herbal manor. woody non-sweet green

Gramercy Park -- unisex, a clearer marc jacobs. fresher, and less powdery. the beginning is so fresh and so sweet and zesty green. the dry down is a little sweet bcuz the musk and herbalness comes through.

Riverside Drive -- men's, this smells like every other men's fresh scent out there. it reminded me of abercrombie signature or abercrombie fierce.

Little Italy -- unisex, at first it smelled like fresh tangerine, later the sweet flowers came through and it was like a soft sweet tangerine/dreamsicle.

West Broadway -- unisex, imagine taking cola and mixing it with fresh cinnamon and herbs, something soapy and syrupy and you have west broadway

Wall Steet -- mens', save yourself the money and go with another quality designer marine scent instead like issey miyake, bulgari aqua or acqua di gio. this is like a niche version of those others.

New Haarlem -- unisex, sposed to be bonds take on a foody/coffee/chocolate scent. this one smelled like coffee and maple syrup.

hope this helps ya!

Very nice..pretty extensive description sbbbjm. I have actually only tried sampling the Grammercy Park scent, as I was in a bit of a hurry. It reminded me of the cologne Quasar but as the intesity of the scent died, it kind of had its own distinct smell. But I will come back and see what I like. I also sampled the Creed Imperial and the guy assiting me swears by it. Thanks again!

you can find online websites that have them for around $50-$100 for the 4oz ones depending on which one you want. regularly they go anywhere from $150-$200. one of the sites that i've bought from and have had no problem was www.scentiments.com -- i don't know how they get it so cheap, but my silver mountain water was fine. i even did a test - i sprayed my SMW on one arm, went to neimans and sprayed there tester on the other arm and they were the same. my guess is they are clearance stock etc bc my box had some parts cut out of it. anyway, i've never payed full price for a creed and don't think i ever will with so many sites selling it discounted.

geowu -- yeah, bond frags aren't anything eye-poppingly unique, but they're blended very well so they are nice and complex and last long, and Gramercy Park was the perfect sweet green scent i was looking for. the quality is well worth the price but i still snagged it on ebay for 1/2 price. i think a big Bond bottle is $200; nonsense!

Creed Millesime Imperial is a great scent too. i like the melony, citrus topnotes it has. i always describe it as Silver Mountain Water with citrus. a lot of people describe it as being regal and the scent of money.

man, i got my self all worked up at scents again, and now i wanna go buy something lol. i have an itching to go retest Royal Water, Green Valley, and GIT by Creed and Eau de Cartier.

Edited by sbbbjm on Jun 1, 2005 at 01:21 AM