Auction Sniping

home

Its when you wait until the very last seconds of an auction and then place your bid. This disallows anyone else from rebidding in an attepmt to top your bid. When I have a decent connection I just open 2 windows and then have one that is on the confirm bid page and the other is on the item page and I just keep refreshing until the final 3~4 seconds and bid. Bid sniper programs take all the fun out of it.

I just open 2 windows and then have one that is on the confirm bid page and the other is on the item page and I just keep refreshing until the final 3~4 seconds and bid. Bid sniper programs take all the fun out of it.

same, but does this > sniper programs/website snipes? when i first heard of this service i didnt like the give up the pw concept and i enjoy the hunt. thrill of the pink mist

i use bidslammer.com, have been for 2 years now. i actually buy a lot of shit on ebay so if it wasn't working well i would've changed sites. i think it only f-ed up 1 or 2 times in 2 years and i probably on average try to snipe 2-3 things a week. once or twice a year they have sales on "snipebucks" where you can get $40 worth for $20 or something like that. it's a good investment as you won't have to worry for 4 hours before the end of the auction trying to snipe on your own, esp. with an unreliable DSL line. hope this helps.

alright true jackass moment but i once sniped an auction and missread the discription so i sniped a pair of size 14s and not an 11. i thought i was fucked but i emailed the dude and told him i would pay the ebay fees if he cancels the bid, didnt want to mess up my rating so i couldnt not pay, he agreed and i sent him $10, which i viewed as a stupidity tax. so no more sniping for me.