Anyone know about J.W Davis Jeans?

STYLED1

Found them in a thrift store. They are 501 type with a red line selvedge. All tags are in Japanese.

I know Davis was the man with the patten for the rivets on the Levis jeans and went on to be forman at the first Levis plant. His grandson started Ben Davis (the work wear co.)

All i want to know is if the brand is still around ,google had nothing on it, or if it is done. Does it have anything to do with Levis (japan)?

The jeans I found look like a pair of Big E 501's that i have. I think my big E jeans are from around 1960.

Edited by STYLED1 on May 3, 2005 at 03:51 PM

• 5 years later...

Hey man, I owned a pair of JW-593. But having problem to find this jeans anywhere. Just my google in Japanese yield a few websites and so far not much info, as I'm looking for the price for a new pair.

and one of the website stated something about Thailand, i got pretty worried, as Thailand is very famous for counterfeiting jeans especially Selvedge.

But, deep in my heart, I doubt it is a counterfeit item, maybe this is a an old brand or unfamous denim with nice quality. Some more, all of the tags and everything were written in Japanese.

I really hope you could get back to me and enlighten me about this pair of jeans.

Cheers.

BTW, here is the url.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjeanspavilion.web.fc2.com%2FJWDAVISXXTYPE.htm