Military Jacket

ericdw

I'm looking to get a khaki military jacket, something cheap and light weight like a M-65. i've been looking at some random military-inspired jackets like all-son's or banana republic's, but the more i think about it, the more i think i'd just be better off buying one from an army navy store. can anyone recommend a good one online?

also, what military surplus jacket is the slimmest fitting? i'm planning on sizing down to an XS for a more "updated" look. any recommendations? thanks

Dude, there is a retarded amount of info. on this; take the following for example:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=243563

The main brand you are going to find in surplus stores (and the one that is most well-known / well constructed) is Alpha Industries. There are several threads on M65s and also on military jackets, and also on Alpha Industries; I would do a search.

If you can't be bothered to search, just know that AI jackets fit HUGE. I wear a large in most brands and I get an XS in my AI jackets. Also, they are going to run you around $90 new. There are some other brands that are widely distributed at surplus stores, but they fit large as well and for the price you are better off just getting an AI. Also, I have a vintage-looking one for sale that I got in Japan, size medium. PM me for details.