Vailent jeans

Boogieman

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I've found a pair of jeans of the brand Vailent (owned by Swedish streetware chain Carlings). The model is a 1947 501-replica (5 pockets, high waist, rivet in crotch), it is unwashed and it is made of Japanese ringspun selvedge (red edge). I don't know what kind of thread is used for the seams, but I assume it's synthetic. The jeans are very beautiful and they only cost 995 SEK (~140 USD). I understand that by American standards this is regular pricing for similar quality denim, but in Sweden you can expect to pay ~300 USD for a pair of equal quality jeans from Edwin, Evisu, etc. So to me this is quite a find.

I've looked around alot for info on these jeans on the internet but haven't found anything, so I was wondering if there are any Swedes here on supertalk who can tell me something about them. I'm about to buy a new pair of jeans and I'm deciding between these and Edwin's rainbow selvedge (possibly also the Nudie Straight Sven LE). Since the Vailents are considerably cheaper then my other alternatives I'd like to know if, and how much, they differ in quality from the Edwin's and Nudie's.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...