wanted: Junya X Goretex

paradigm_shift

Been looking around for a nice GoretexACR type jacket in light of the fact that I plan to be snowboarding more frequently this season. Have considered alternatives from Acronym, Arc'Teryx, and NorthFace, but I preferred the aesthetic on this overall:

c0034239_21211052.jpg

c0034239_21535440.jpg

Junya X Goretex

If anyone is selling / can help me find this jacket (preferably in M) please hit me up. ;)

Any other recommendations are also welcome. Must be GoretexACR construction please.

Coldrice, is your Junya piece this exact one (design/pinstripe pattern)?

p.s. Merry Christmas everyone!

Nairb that Junya piece you have is crazy nice. Would you mind providing more pics. I just got a Sessions XCR for boarding, but want to know more about that Junya piece.

Sorry about thread jacking, but that jacket is pure sex.

Oh check grandism and look at the Idiom line. A couple of good deals to be had. I've never owned Idiom jackets, but Burton makes some quality goods. If you want something more stylistic then you have to be willing to pay. If you want something that is functional just got to sierratradingpost and pickup a Lowe Alpine XCR (or some other type of Goretex). Prices are very competitive and google checkout gives another $20 off.

Simply Amazing Nairb. Thanks. Looks pretty warm, too. Thanks for the pics. I am going to check prices and am definitly looking into getting one. I don't give a fuck if I can't rock shit like this in socal either. I just want it.

Eddy8, there was a small on Grandism. You can pickup burton asymetrical for much cheaper if you were into the striped Idiom. Just remember that Idiom fits are little more true to size, still big, but not nearly as huge as some of the Burton stuff.

Simply Amazing Nairb. Thanks. Looks pretty warm, too. Thanks for the pics. I am going to check prices and am definitly looking into getting one. I don't give a fuck if I can't rock shit like this in socal either. I just want it.

Haha dude right on, thats why I wouldn't mind blowing so much dough on goretex jackets, it's very lightweight without compromising waterproofing making it really versatile, even outside of snowsports, and even in socal.

Felix - True, Burton does make some fine jackets, but I still to this day have not owned/tried one on that I was satisfied fit-wise. They tend to fit big and loose on me, and I really want to have a slim/sleek silhoutte so as to avoid getting caught onto things while I'm boarding which is why I'm currently leaning towards Arc'Teryx and Junya. Love your Acronym stuff on waywt, you ever board/ski with it on?

nairb49 - :::droool:::::

(Felix - True, Burton does make some fine jackets, but I still to this day have not owned/tried one on that I was satisfied fit-wise. They tend to fit big and loose on me, and I really want to have a slim/sleek silhoutte so as to avoid getting caught onto things while I'm boarding which is why I'm currently leaning towards Arc'Teryx and Junya. Love your Acronym stuff on waywt, you ever board/ski with it on?)

yeah you are right burton fits kinda loose but i think that's how a snowboardjacket should.

it fucking sucks to have slim fitting jacket that is short...if you fall down snow everywhere:eek:

acronym fits very loose and tends to be short...at least for me.i think the acronym goretex jackets might be good fo snowb. but i wouldn't drop 800euro on a jacket that you sweat in a lot...snowboarding is a sport;)

acronym as 'streetwear stuff' is awesome...and don't get me wrong i love junya stuff...coldrice jacket is dope,nairbs too....

damn i hate winter...so much nice jackets to buy....:o

here's one i wanted to buy:

http://www.grandism.com/index.php?inp=175&PHPSESSID=d446eb2ed7a845d20188100074b5fe9e

first down jacket

here's one for sale, and the seller will ship internationally :)

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n42579313

A gore-tex outer cut like this would be relatively useless for any real skiing. It looks really nice, but that's probably why some people say they prefer the junya's to acronym. Acronym puts functionality before style; their outers are cut longer, while their softshells are shorter and more fashionably cut. If I was wearing a junya cut like this one skiing powder, I'd have snow up my chest after three or four turns...

edit: For warm/sunny/non-powder ski days, I wear my ss-j1w from acronym, which is a much slimmer cut than most of the acronym outers I've worn/seen on people on this board.

however, for deep powder, you need coverage more than a slim silhouette, and for that I wear my cashmere/gore-tex from acronym that drops about to my crotch. (if the powder is knee-deep or higher, you definitely need something about this long, or something with a powder skirt, which I'm not sure if junya or acronym offer)

however, for deep powder, you need coverage more than a slim silhouette, and for that I wear my cashmere/gore-tex from acronym that drops about to my crotch. (if the powder is knee-deep or higher, you definitely need something about this long, or something with a powder skirt, which I'm not sure if junya or acronym offer)

Good call, although I had considered the vulnerability of not having a waist gator/ powder skirt. I figured with the Junya's slim cut, I'd just layer a bit underneath to "fill in the gaps", and then tuck those said layers into my pants to effectively keep the snow out.

I figured with the Junya's slim cut, I'd just layer a bit underneath to "fill in the gaps", and then tuck those said layers into my pants to effectively keep the snow out.

sorry to say but thats not working.....well depends on how you ride:rolleyes:

get a jacket with powderskirt!!!

But I reeeeaaallly want a Junya!! :P /end tantrum

Perhaps you're right, it would be a bit risque to try that out right now, especially since it's raining cats and dogs right now where I'm at. Speaking of which... why am I even on SF right now? Crap I should be in my backyard boarding.:D

Hmm, I just emailed the seller asking for more pictures. Im suspicious cause it doesnt match the photos in my original post. The one being auctioned has pockets around the waist, while the ones on this post dont (they have vertical-zippered breast pockets) . Also, the cut at the hem (front). It seems like the one being auctioned is cut straight across and is level with the back hem, while the post-picture shows the front hem cut higher than the back and in semi- elliptical fashion.

Can anyone verify if the auctioned jacket is authentic Junya?