Loomstate Denim

d

They have the store listings on the website. Union, Nom De Guerre, Atrium....the usuals. Truthfully, I've been too lazy to inspect for myself, so I was wondering if anyone was up on it

loomstate.org

Edited by d on Apr 11, 2005 at 01:42 PM

TNT Blu here in Toronto has started carrying the line...i'm not that impressed actually..it's def a more traditional style of denim....whereas rogan uses the "slashed" pocket (suit style pocket), Loomstate uses traditional pockets...most of the cuts and styles are straightforward...attention to detail is still there, and even though the pricepoints are a tad lower, i'd personally spend a bit more and go for Rogans...the big seller here is that they're organic...in my opinion, there are far better choices our there at the moment....

... agree with MyMindSpray.

The Loomstates I've seen were like Levi redtabs. The denim didn't have a depth of texture/colour that you get in Rogan, or Japanese selvage denims. Nor the comfort of the ethanol cut.

Also, like most Rogans, the distressing is excessive. The jeans looked ready to retire. Breaking them in is the fun part - don't pay Rogan to do the fun part. I'd probably buy some if they were raw.

... seems more organic to break them in yourself.

_trinket

The do have a sort of 'dry' jean. The Stasis comes in two types. One is slightly distressed and has a little sheen to it, and the other has less sheen and is not distressed at all. The label says that the denim was designed to age quickly. I'll see how mine turn out. they're really lightweight though, not comparable to selvedge denim at all, in cut or type of denim. deep indigo color is similar though.

• 6 years later...

"Loomstate, Rogan Gregory and Scott Mackinlay Hahn’s sustainable fashion label made with organic fabrics, has a seemingly random new project — designing uniforms for the Chipotle Mexican Grills chain. “When I heard Chipotle wanted to talk to us, I was like, ‘What? Why?’†Gregory said."

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/05/loomstate_uniforms_coming_soon.html