Crate Denim

whorishconsumer

since i dont know if its sanforized or not i'd expect 1-10%

i believe the general rule is sanforized: up to 5% and unsanforized up to 10% shrinkage.

i also believe this qualifies as a quick question and should have been posted in this thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=18704

I warm soaked my James III's and they didn't shrink an inch.

well good then. I didn't realize that i was supposed to soak before wearing and i don't really have the desire to do so. Nonetheless, I didn't want them to shrink to death when I did wash them. Although, I suppose at the end of 6 months I won't give a shit about them.

What do y'all do with your old jeans when you start on a new pair?

well good then. I didn't realize that i was supposed to soak before wearing and i don't really have the desire to do so. Nonetheless, I didn't want them to shrink to death when I did wash them. Although, I suppose at the end of 6 months I won't give a shit about them.

What do y'all do with your old jeans when you start on a new pair?

I actually did it so that they would stretch easier. That makes no sense saying it out loud and it only made a little more sense in my head. My intended result was to get more room in the thigh, but nothing happened. So, it isn't necessary or probably even recommended to soak them.

I gave my RRDS to Sam and Ryan at Context to use for display purposes while I break in my fancy Imperial's for a few months.

Crate uses deadstock denim from American brands such as Lee and Levis. They buy small amounts of each fabiric to make each model and move on to another for the next season's models.

Its possible that some may be unsanforized, but I've had 5 different models at CONTEXT and all were sanforized.