Good Boots - To Tuck Into Pants

englandmj7

Alright, you may think the look is wack as hell, but in many instances it is mighty sexy. I have some combat boots, so I am not looking for those......

Basically, I saw a young gent in NYC this weekend wearing a heavy wool plaid shirt and green tweed pants tucked into just-above-ankle-length riding boots......needless to say, it looked cool as shit. Unfortunately, I did not ask the gent where he purchased said boots.

Anyone know of great boots that have a looser top (i.e. non-Chelsea boots) whereby they might accomodate pants being tucked in? Riding boots? Wellington boots? Suggestions? Pics?

:cool:

- oh yeah: preferably sub-$400

Try equistrian/riding boots if you want to go for a more English / non-rocker/goth mod look / classy look.

Check out this thread we did on StyleZeitgeist regarding footwear...its very comprehensive of various boot styles available: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/thread/308.aspx

Try equistrian/riding boots if you want to go for a more English / non-rocker/goth mod look / classy look.

Check out this thread we did on StyleZeitgeist regarding footwear...its very comprehensive of various boot styles available: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/thread/308.aspx

That is a damn cool thread. I really like the Margiela ones listed and I think they would work perfectly for the cause:

2wnvi9x.jpg

I wouldn't drop $800 on them though.

I like riding boots but all the ones I have seen are far too high for my taste.

hey england

i dont know if u already considered (or not considered) the 8 inch frye engineer boot, but it is next on my list to purchase. they are perfect to tuck pants into and they are solid as shit with a goodyear welted sole. check fryeboots.com

I can't really decide if tucking pants into a pair of boots would elongate or shorten my appearance, which is why I'm still stuck on the fence, but I like those n.d.c's, the Butteros, and a couple Premiata Uomo.

Been thinking about these shits from yooooooox... I dunno though, might look a bit too "cowboy" for me.

440596131b2fp0.jpg

but damn! having those buckles right above my ankles makes me wanna get 'em just for "tucking in" purposes.

hey england

i dont know if u already considered (or not considered) the 8 inch frye engineer boot, but it is next on my list to purchase. they are perfect to tuck pants into and they are solid as shit with a goodyear welted sole. check fryeboots.com

I like the Engineer Boots and have considered them in the past but they didn't suit me as well in person.