breaking in denim while at work?

bookem

hi all

just dropped considerable coin on some iron heart denim that although i intend to wear everyday will only get abot 5 hours wear

i work as a chef and am considering wearing them in the kitchen so that i can get a full 16 hours a day wear out of them

what are you guys thoughts on that?

or do you think the 5 hours aday wear will be enough

thx

D

imo, you'd get a considerably harder wear if you wore them during your work hours on top of your off hours. in denim style book volume 2, they feature a bunch of random denim heads. one of them works at a fish market and he wears all sorts of pricey vintage denim underneath the usual fish market gear, sort of like what you're planning to do. and he seems to get some quality wears out of doing it. a little kitchen smell in your denim is probably an added bonus, rather than a problem.

Eventho being 21oz denim, theyre relatively soft and sorta easy to break in.

They'll loosen up real fast and be extremely comfortable.

I love my pair, too much tho... I dont want to make them a "project."

I like them as is... Eventho they could be bit more tapered at the bottom...

Nice pick up tho man, you'll love em.

depends.. if you're willing to wash them at some point then I'd wear them to work too, but if you're gonna go a year without washing them I have feeling that you can squeeze the grease out of them :rolleyes:

I'd wear them and just wash them if they start to stink, but then again I'm not one of those hardcore denim dudes that go without washing the jeans for 2 years.

depends.. if you're willing to wash them at some point then I'd wear them to work too, but if you're gonna go a year without washing them I have feeling that you can squeeze the grease out of them :rolleyes:

I'd wear them and just wash them if they start to stink, but then again I'm not one of those hardcore denim dudes that go without washing the jeans for 2 years.

i agree with the above sentiments.:D

I have two pairs of denim going at any given time. One that I keep dark that I wear in 'everyday' situations like class or at the bar, and a heavier pair that I wear to work. The work ones get gross pretty quick because I work in a warehouse.

I know this might go against some denim philosophy of wearing the same jeans all the time, but personally I would not want filth (grease in your case) stained and smelly jeans to wear when I'm on a date or sitting in packed classroom.

and its not as if I have a problem with washing my jeans.. quite the contrary, I washed my work jeans on average, about once a month. But to keep them clean, I would have had to wash them weekly.. and that's far too much imho.

Also this is a great excuse to get a second pair :)