San Fransisco Levi's Store... sucks?

wild_whiskey

Just went to the Levi's store in SF this weekend expecting to find everything I could possibly want, but I was so disappointed. They did not have a single piece of rigid repros! The workers had no idea what I was asking about most of the time, and if they did know what I was talking about they'd just say "Sorry we don't have those." I felt like there should be ONE store I could go to and actually talk about nonsense like selvage and denim weight. The rest of union square was cool though, although the designer-store workers were pretty uneducated about fabrics and construction (no surprise there). Am I an asshole for testing workers on this sort of thing? icon_smile.gif

there was some guy at the levi's store in costa mesa, who i chatted for a while about selvedge. this was a while ago he was pretty cool and knowledgeable, surprisingly. i actually bought some 501 repros there. he said the SF usually gets everything. they probably sell out quick though. i go back to costa mesa a few months later to see if they had the same jeans. the girl didnt know what i was talking about and so with the store's manager.

edwin - I dont know about the RED jeans, I assume perhaps a less popular Levis store might have them in; the one in San Francisco did not when I was there.

The quantities that SF gets must be limited then, because they had practically nothing in their Vintage section: a couple pairs of ultra distressed repros, one distressed repro jacket, and some t-shirts if I can remember correctly. The workers really had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had "Deadstock repros," and I even put it into laymen's terms and just said "Do you have the rigid ones?" to no avail. I really wanted to come home with a deadstock repro jacket. icon_smile_blackeye.gif

I agree, though they usually have well stocked clearance section. I haven't been recently, but last time I cruised through I ended picking up some skinner bootcuts in a nice wash for $55, (about half the normal price).

I agree, though they usually have well stocked clearance section. I haven't been recently, but last time I cruised through I ended picking up some skinner bootcuts in a nice wash for $55, (about half the normal price).

• 1 month later...

i saw a pair of the levi indigo immortal jeans in san fran during the summer. it was only a window display, im not sure if they were selling any

in costa mesa they had this cowboy mannequin setup who had some semi rigid selvage jeans (looked like they were resin treated) that had the behind the knee whiskers highlighted.. they were pretty cool but they had none in the store

• 2 weeks later...