Dior homme in Sydney

apu

Assin stocks the denim, bro, give them a call.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up man!

Called 'em and they said the 19cm are $410.

I'm real tempted but I just dunno if I can do the price... I was supposed to get some Imperials and it's a pretty big price difference, especially considering the dior denim probably wouldn't be of a totally awsome/durable quality... even though the fit looks dope... I think I'ma have to go in and see what they're like for myself...

Yeah that's a good point... I was planning to wear the Imperials pretty hard, for like a year or something... that's plenty of time for me to reevaluate the dior situaton... (I think I'm still going to go try them on, can't help myself ;) )

Are u thinking of picking up some diors sometime soon?? (I guess u must be since u started the thread, lol).

well, not within the next few months

cos i just bought my imperials (dukes) + Julian reds

so those are gonna last me a good few months on heavy wear (like 10 hours a day on rotation)

but yea, i'd LOVE to try on some DH jeans, want to know what they are like and see whether they'd be the next pair i purchase (looking for a pair with leg opening of around 18cm)

so, post some pics of how they look on ya when u try them on

got the JR from online shop called Kitchener, cost abt 260AUD shipped

they fit rather nicely, right now they are abit tight but i am sure as time goes by it'll be fine, but one thing that wonders me is that from the How Jeans Fit Description thread, the dude's JR calis looks way different to how they;d fit on me, but anyway

and yea, if u can, get as small as possible for the dukes, i am regreting abit that i didnt wait for the 29' to restock, but then i assume that there wouldnt be a really noticeable difference

waiting for ur camera phone pics...

Went to Assin yesterday and I've gotta say I was overall not impressed. The service was pretty poor; when I asked the guy for dior jeans he looked me up and down like "what's this bum want with dior?", and then he wouldn't leave at all while I tried them on so I had to ask if he minded if I took a few pics and he looked at me like I was some freak, mad awkward.

Anyways, onto the jeans themselves: the fit is pretty great, but I think there's no way they warrant the price tag. The denim didn't really impress me in terms of quality. The ones they had were Italian denim and I was surprised they were quite stiff (I'd read they were really soft). They didn't really have much of sheen like other raw denims, but maybe it was just the lighting.

They weren't as skinny as I expected. I think they looked good from the front, but almost baggyish from the back. I tried on a 29" which was too loose (the guy assured me it was the right size but after wearing them for 5 mins I could alredy pull them down quite a bit just from that stretching. So perhaps the 28 would have been a bit slimmer.

The legs are super long like everyone says. I dunno if I would leave 'em like that, maybe hem a few inches for a bit of bunching but not so much. I also tried cuffing which looked surprisingly good. The cuff was really tight, sorta going in on itself and working with the bunching, unlike wider leg jeans where the cuf sorta goes out \_/ if u know what I mean.

So yeah, I'm def hanging out for the imperials now!

Yo, here's the pics; sorry they aren't great quality, my girlfriend took them on her camera phone.

dior01xr4.jpg

dior02bf1.jpg

dior03rl6.jpg

One thing that sorta annoyed me was when I put my shoes on was the leg opening sorta flared out over the shoe rather than sitting nicely ontop of them; one of the reasons I want narrow leg jeans is to get the jean sitting ontop of the shoe. But maybe it was just the particular shoes I was wearing (some aerosport highs) and it would have been better with some lows.

Hope this helps!

if u can, get as small as possible for the dukes, i am regreting abit that i didnt wait for the 29' to restock, but then i assume that there wouldnt be a really noticeable difference

So you got the 30" and it's a bit too big? What sizes do u wear in other jeans?

I'm really hoping the 29" will fit me; I really don't get the sizing info from the imperial thread. The general consensus was size up 2" from ur nudie sizes. However both me and Choice_Genes found that wasn't right at all. Choice usually wears 29" in Nudie and he got the 30 in Imperial and I'm pretty sure he didn't find them SUPER-tight like everyone was going on about in the Imperial thread.

What's ur experiences?

Chaps - they look pretty good man! But yeah, whether they're worth the money or not is completely different question. I reckon if the imperial 29s fit, you should get em. (If you're anxious to try them, Buddylove called me yesterday to tell me that they got their stock in, INCLUDING some 29s...).

And yeah, re imperial sizing, chapital is spot on about my experiences. I wear nudie 29s comfortably. Most people in the imperial thread would say i needed a 31. But the 30 has been totally fine. I would say size up 1" from nudie, rather than 2".

Re assin's service, yeah I don't like going into that place. The sales staff either totally ignore you (because you're wearing nikes and are therefore scum), or they follow you round the whole time. That's been my experience anyway.

well, the waist fits fine at the moment, but i'd prefer a more tapered cut from the Dukes, but i guess even a 29' wont do the trick cos the leg opening from my 30' dukes is like 19.5cm (which is a bit too wide for my likings)

right now i am considering getting it tapered to abt 18cm (so a slightly slimmer fit from below the knee)

so yea, with the Diors, did the 29' 19cm have a leg opening of around 18-19??

and sounds like its time to put down my deposit for lay-by for my 29' black dukes

So you got the 30" and it's a bit too big? What sizes do u wear in other jeans?

I'm really hoping the 29" will fit me; I really don't get the sizing info from the imperial thread. The general consensus was size up 2" from ur nudie sizes. However both me and Choice_Genes found that wasn't right at all. Choice usually wears 29" in Nudie and he got the 30 in Imperial and I'm pretty sure he didn't find them SUPER-tight like everyone was going on about in the Imperial thread.

What's ur experiences?

apu - since this thread is becoming a dior/imperial thread...

I just had my imperials (duke 30s) tapered in from nearly 20cm to 19cm. I had it done from the outseam (so pulling the selvedge seams further apart). It looks good. The jeans still fall well, and they look a bit slimmer down the bottom now, which is cool. I think if you're only tapering in 1cm, it's cool to do it from the outseam. But any more than that and you'll need to do it from the inseam, or maybe even from both. Otherwise it will look wack!

Good luck with it.

Re assin - yeah I've only been in there a coupla times, maybe I've just had bad experiences. It is a kind of imposing space though. Very large, sales staff to customers ratio is too high IMO. I sometimes feel like they're watching me like hawks! (same deal around the corner at chiodo).

(If you're anxious to try them, Buddylove called me yesterday to tell me that they got their stock in, INCLUDING some 29s...). .

lol, I actually went there yesterday after I tried the diors to do a comparison, but the guy got in wrong. When he got the jeans he read the invoice which said 29, 30, 31, etc... so he called us. But when he opened the box there was a note saying the 29 are still being made or some shit, so I still gotta wait! Damn!

How much have u paid all up for alterations on the imperials so far man?

I'm thinking - I dunno if this will work - of maybe leaving them un-hemmed and seeing if I can do them with a small cuff and tons of bunching up. It might not (probably won't) work 'cause it's not the slimmest of legs. The reason I'm thinking of this is 'cause I remember thinking that the dukes had a very slight taper which would mean at the bottom they might be like 18 or 19cm already, but once hemmed higher up the leg opening would be slightly bigger and need some tapering. I'll have to wait and see.

Peace out brutha!

so yea, with the Diors, did the 29' 19cm have a leg opening of around 18-19??

I'm not totally sure, but they seemed quite slim... I think the consensus is that the 19cm diors have a leg opening of about 17cm... They seemed to fall at the bottom a lot like my Haws... maybe a little narrower (not sure if that will help; I'd measure them, but they're back at the store getting fixed up).

Sorry I can't be more precise :(

Man, if ony a company would make a jean that was like combining the dior with the imperial... Imperial denim, with nice skinny dior legs... and a 32" inseam available for good measure! Now, THAT would be a pretty rocking jean!

i got me Dukes at the store in SYD called another, owner there (Richie) offers great assitance as he offered to hem my dukes

i was thinking to taper my dukes to abt 18cm (leg opening) since i've got my JR cali's which are even more slim-fit (17cm opening)

right now i am loving the imperial denim but it would be better if it has a better fit, and the back pockets are kinda cool i think

and thx for the tips Choice

so Chap, did u get ur dukes yet? or what is it that u r gettting them done up in the shop?

Yeah I really dig the back pockets! Unfortunately I haven't got the dukes yet! I've been waiting for SO long. They sent me a 30" like 8 months ago but it was too big, I've been waiting ever since to get my hands on a pair that fits!

I took my Hem & Haws back to the store I bought them 'cause the top button ripped off, and they're fixing/replacing them.

Would you mind posting some pics of u in ur JRs and also in ur Dukes? I'm really curious to see how they are compared to the Dukes! And also, how does the denim from the two compare?

I have to say, for the most part, Assin's service is pretty good. I think there's one old guy in there who think he's too cool for school, but all the others treat you very nice. I have went in there, tried Dior suits, shoes and clothing for 1 hour plus and not buy a thing, and they were still very nice about it. There was this Dior trench in there, it was for 3Gs, I loved that trench and went in there a few times to check it out, and the guy was so fine with that, I never bought it after all.

They give good service, customer's happy, who might not purchase this time, but they will purchase the next time. I have bought so many things from them. Actually, the guy in there got me into Dior, explaining to me all about their suits and things.

sh*t, thats a long time (8 months!)

yea, i wish i waited for the 29 dukes instead, but i guess its good to have different fits for rotation

as with the Calis and Dukes, i think the fit differs quite a lot, the dukes are straight leg with leg opening of approx 19 cm but when u put them u, they dont seem that baggy

the calis on the other hand are much more slim fitting or more tapered from the knee downwards with a leg opening of approx 17 cm, and if u compare the denim to imerials, they are much much softer but they are nice and comfy and seem to stretch out quite alot

i'll try getting some pics on here

cheers

naa its ok, its a exchange of info around the topic of jeans anyway

the calis fits pretty similar above the knees i'd say (but then i am not 100% sure cos my Dukes are 30' and calis are 29') but if both were the same size then i reckon both fit pretty similar above the knee

right now the calis have stretched to what i prefer and its a pain to think that maybe i should have waited longer for the dukes, oh well shit happens

oh... one question, are there two version of the 19cm jeans? (like a skinnier one and normal one? / as featured on browns fashion web site)

cheers

There's ones with Italian denim and ones with Japanese denim. I remember reading that the Japanese ones are slightly slimmer (at least in 21cm jeans, and I'm pretty sure in the 19cm as well).

Assin only has the Italian ones unfortunately. I would have preferred the japanese ones myself too... 'cause of the extra slimness and also 'cause I think I read the denim was a bit stiffer/darker/better...?