Anyone shrunk their raw PBJ-005's?

peteyross

I read the PBJ-005 thread but it seemed like most people had bought one-wash PBJ's.

Can anyone share their shrinkage experience with raw PBJ-005? I've got a pair of size 32's and I'm wondering how much the waist shrinks in relation to the rest of the leg. I'd like to get the waist to shrink roughly 2 inches but I can only stand about an inch of shrinking on the width of the legs. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

I bought a raw pair from B.I.G. a little while back. I'm a true 31 so I got a 31 even though I was told they run about 2" bigger; actual waist size was 33. When I got the jeans, I tried them on for a very quick second, and I assumed they were about a 33. So this is what I did...

- Just hot-soaked them in my bathtub for about an hour (to get some shrinkage out of the way)

- Wore them in the bathtub and sat there in lukewarm water for about half an hour (for the denim to shrink to my waist size, and conform more to my body)

- Hung them up for another half hour (to let the excess water drip)

- Wore them until they were dry (to have the denim further conform to my body, stretch the waist a bit, and set in some creases)

They fit perfectly now, although I can't really tell you how much they shrunk around the leg/thigh area... sorry. I love my XX-005's though.

that's a good way to do it lance. wear to dry is the way to go, i was very pleased with my results on my pbj xx-005's.

i did a cold soak for 2 hours to remove sizing. then, a light wash and thorough rinse. hang dried for a little bit, then wore till dry. the creases set in beautifully. couldn't be happier!

that's a good way to do it lance. wear to dry is the way to go, i was very pleased with my results on my pbj xx-005's.

i did a cold soak for 2 hours to remove sizing. then, a light wash and thorough rinse. hang dried for a little bit, then wore till dry. the creases set in beautifully. couldn't be happier!

Same here. I don't regret a single cent I spent on these jeans.

I highly recommend these jeans to anyone.

OK, I went through a 30 minute cold soak and then hung dry them over the tub. The waist came in 1, maybe 1,5 inches which sadly is not enough for me. Also, the legs came in about .75 to 1.0 inches, making the legs (mostly the knee and below) too tight compared to the waist. Surprisingly though, these things lost very little indigo (ie the bath tub water didn't turn all that blue).

Despite their beauty, I don't think the fit is right for me. If anyone is interested, I'll sell them at $175 shipped in the USA (I paid 205 + Tax at Blue In Green two weeks ago). Let me know if anyone would like to see pics.

OK, I went through a 30 minute cold soak and then hung dry them over the tub. The waist came in 1, maybe 1,5 inches which sadly is not enough for me. Also, the legs came in about .75 to 1.0 inches, making the legs (mostly the knee and below) too tight compared to the waist. Surprisingly though, these things lost very little indigo (ie the bath tub water didn't turn all that blue).

Despite their beauty, I don't think the fit is right for me. If anyone is interested, I'll sell them at $175 shipped in the USA (I paid 205 + Tax at Blue In Green two weeks ago). Let me know if anyone would like to see pics.

pics and exact measurements in supermarket would be great.

a 30 min cold soak is not going to do much.

if you want the waist to shrink more, you should do a hot soak for at least an hour.

also, the knee will stretch out a lot after wearing. you said the lower leg is too tight? are you sure you want a straight leg? maybe you are really looking for a boot cut?

I'm not in any way looking for a boot cut (throws up in mouth). Let me be a little more descriptive about the lower leg. I've had dozens of 501 repros and even some newer lower waisted Dubble Works jeans that fit fine, perhaps a little baggy in the ass. However, the PBJ-005 fit is much slimmer in the leg and it bunches quite differently around the knee/shin area. I am not a fan of the baggy knee/tight shin look, and given the shape of my legs, I can totally see it happening with the PBJ-005 .

Also, I am well aware that a 30 min cold soak won't bring in the waist that much, but I am equally concerned about the width of the legs shrinking. If I try to shrink the waist more, I will also have to shrink the legs.

I'll work on pics/measurements when I get home from work.

Looking back, I would have benefitted from a one wash PBJ-005. In other words, had I tried on a one wash, I probably wouldn't have bought them, but when I tried them on raw, I felt like they would fit me well. I can totally see why 45rpm rarely offers raw jeans.

Also, I wouldn't want this story to be a knock on Blue in Greene. While I was trying on jeans there, they were incredibly helpful, knew their product very well, and they gave me full explainations of every question I had. In fact, I'll probably go back to get a different pair of jeans there once I can sell these PBJ-005's.

I did try on the PBJ-003. It is more of a 501 repro fit. The hips are wider than the waist and the rise is higher. The legs are also much wider. Overall, I'd say that the PBJ-003 is a fit that you've probably seen/had before. It's not all that modern so to speak. The denim however, is awesome. Also worth noting, in my hand and after a close up inspection, the denim felt identical to the Oni jeans.